BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
I see you've got a VMAX. Are you looking for the cool factor or for distance riding? For comfortable distance riding, I got mine through Rick Mayer in California. Sent down my measurements with my seat and he customized and shipped it back. I used to ride 100 kms on my stock seat and be sore. My recent trip on the new seat was 1600 kms in 3 days with 800 kms on the third day. Not one bit of pain.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I called luimoto about a one off custom seat when I redid the Z's saddle. He wasn't interested in a one off at the time. Not sure if that has changed or not.

Argyle, is it just a new cover you need or you want the whole reshaped foam as well?

·
'Busa girls, God love 'em
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lost my thread for a bit but thank you for all the replies

yeah I want the seat to be more comfortable

when I had it done the guy said grey and black leatehr, perfect

when I got it back he just shaved down the foam made it a real dark grey, wanted it light grey with black

it was a tad more comfortable, but it wasnt a great job, not very happy with it and I paid top dollar

want to look into the gel seat has anyone had one of those and how do they find it for comfort???

I will call some of these places, dont really want to go out of town for it though want to stay local

one guy sent me a pm with a local guy but I lost it, if you could please resend

thanks all

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Argyle said:
lost my thread for a bit but thank you for all the replies

yeah I want the seat to be more comfortable

when I had it done the guy said grey and black leatehr, perfect

when I got it back he just shaved down the foam made it a real dark grey, wanted it light grey with black

it was a tad more comfortable, but it wasnt a great job, not very happy with it and I paid top dollar

want to look into the gel seat has anyone had one of those and how do they find it for comfort???

I will call some of these places, dont really want to go out of town for it though want to stay local

one guy sent me a pm with a local guy but I lost it, if you could please resend

thanks all

if you manage to get someone reasonable, local and reliable, please post the info.
I have a rip in my seat, I was thinking of getting it done too.

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
If you do a search on "custom seats" you will find the addresses and phone numbers for several local seat recoverers and custom seat making people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts