BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have confirmed that September 2nd is available to us. I'm going to book this Practice/Track Day for you.

If you can pre-register that would really help me know that there's enough interest. Pre-registration ends on Wednesday, August 29th at midnight so keep that in mind so you can save the $40 (no exceptions).

I hope that many of you can pre-register and make it out!!

Here's how Randy & I have agreed to structure the cost to you:

Pre-registration rates (ends at midnight on Wednesday, August 29th):

Half Day - $80
Full Day - $120

Pay at the track on September 2nd ($40 more):

Half Day - $120
Full Day - $160

Just to be clear... the rates are the same as they have been, but I wanted to offer a better rate to those who are willing to register early to ensure that these track days continue. These will be the rates for the day, so don't try and fool me (like some of you do!!). ;o)

Same schedule as before:

Gates & Registration opens: 8:00 a.m.
Mandatory Riders Meeting: 9:00 a.m.
Track goes live at 9:30 a.m.

Lunch break at 12:30 p.m. - BBQ'd dogs and other stuff - $5 (for a dog, bun, bag of chips, and pop or water)

Mandatory Riders Meeting (for afternoon only riders): 1:15 p.m.

Track goes live (again): 1:30 p.m.

End of day: 4:30 p.m.

I look forward to hosting you guys for one more time (and so does Randy!)

If you would like to pre-register - please PayPal or Interac me your fee to nej (at) telus (dot) net

If you a new to Pitt Meadows events and you want to try it out, I will offer the $20 / first 15 minute session (with a lead rider) again. If you pre-register and then want to upgrade to a half day after you've decided that you had fun, then it will cost an extra $60. If you pay your $20 at the track that day and want to stay for the half day then it will cost you an extra $100. I hope this makes sense.

Tony of ThumPhoto will be out making you look great in his photos. Please support Tony by purchasing his photos so we can keep getting him out to Pitt Meadows.

Blair Layton of SV Racing Parts will be out to help you trackside and offer you goodies that you must have.

And just a reminder - please stop when you get to the stop sign that says that there's low flying aircraft when you drive into the facility. Those signs are there for your safety - some of the planes drag metal hooks and lines behind them upon approach to the airport. Thank you.

Nancy

PS: If there's anyone that isn't able to ride but can help us out for the day I'd appreciate hearing from you (that is, crashed bike, surgery, or other reason). Thanks! We can always use extra hands out there - and Randy & I will make it worth your while (I hope it will be anyway). We'd need you for about 9:15 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (or whatever time you can spare!!)

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm in! Money has been sent. Thank you Nancy.

·
NOOOOOB
2,631 Posts
I wont' be around. I've got a bouncy castle we could setup for trackside daycare.

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, considering all of the interest a week ago in this event, the registrations have been disappointing. Hopefully it's just because of the weekend that they're slow so far...

Wednesday, midnight is the deadline for pre-reg'n.

(might have to cancel this after all). Let your friends know!

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Wish I could go. Hmmm, anyone wanna look after my 2 year old while I turn some laps?
This is a track day! The kids feet don't have to touch the pegs! Bungie the little bugger to the back and go!!!

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spero mentioned to me that he might not make it out. I will leave it up to him to announce whether he'll be attending, or not.

Blair from SV Racing Parts will be there with lots of parts for your bike, and you.

Tony of ThumPhoto will also be out taking your picture.

If we go ahead and run this day, that is.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Come on people, the weather looks good, let’s make this happen!

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
To anyone I know that rides a motorcycle; this is a must do. A day on a very safe track riding at a speed that is comfortable for you, learning and practicing skills that will make you a far better rider!

Many of you newer riders that ask my advice on how to ride better: This is my advice; Spend the day at this track event!

·
must have more bacon
5,434 Posts
a shout out to all the chicken strippers to come out and exercize some of those skills they picked up at the bar-b-q , nancy's gig is an excellent venue for this and the atmosphere is friendly

·
Registered
43 Posts
What sort of safety equipment is required? I have a Snell Full Face Helm, Leather Jacket with CE armour, textile pants that zip to the jacket, Teknic street riding boots (The short booties). I don't have a back protector unfortunately....and the textile pants are armoured in the hip and knees, but I do not believe they are CE rated.

·
Super Moderator
23,557 Posts
What sort of safety equipment is required? I have a Snell Full Face Helm, Leather Jacket with CE armour, textile pants that zip to the jacket, Teknic street riding boots (The short booties). I don't have a back protector unfortunately....and the textile pants are armoured in the hip and knees, but I do not believe they are CE rated.
You are 100% fine, now all that's left is for you send $$$$ to squire :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do I need a track bike? I have everything else for gear but no specific pants, can I wear knee pads? Also I've never been to a track, I'm probably the king of newbs when it comes to track riding, infact I passed my road test today.

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
No track bike necessary. This is probably the best thing for you as a new rider, in fact. You'll get some pointers that will *really* help you.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts