BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best/cheapest way of doing this? Anyone have any price ranges that they've previously shipped with? The bike is a ninja 650. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried calling Andlauer Transport but it seems they don't do this kind of thing anymore.

Tried Canadian Freightways and they quoted me $589 + HST. Seems prices have risen!

I'm wondering if it's even worth shipping and if maybe I should sell here, and buy a new bike there. Good excuse to upgrade!

·
Registered
275 Posts
if it goes bussiness to bussiness its a lot cheaper. we ship bikes from bac east all the time. we shipped out one to ontario ( north Ontario somewhere) uncrated ( it was tied to a skid) I think it was about $400. that was in the spring

·
Back in the saddle
1,070 Posts
Tried calling Andlauer Transport but it seems they don't do this kind of thing anymore.

Tried Canadian Freightways and they quoted me $589 + HST. Seems prices have risen!

I'm wondering if it's even worth shipping and if maybe I should sell here, and buy a new bike there. Good excuse to upgrade!
That's still cheaper than what I paid 3 years ago - close to 900 for mine. Mind you I got ripped, but it was comp'ed so I didn't really research as well as I should've.

I'm curious to find out which shipper you end up using.

·
Brain my damaged.
259 Posts
Look up J&R Hall. They do a lot of freight from Ontario to here and back, but a smaller company. If you can let it sit until they have spare room, you might save a buck or two. They have a transfer place south of Vancouver somewhere.
Tilbury, near the cement plant.

·
Solo Pig Rider
54 Posts
Did you end up shipping the bike? Looking to ship mine from Montreal - Vancouver, but everywhere i look the prices are close to $1K for my RC51....

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you are moving they can put the bike in with your personal effects. We used United Van lines, and they simply put the bike in the truck with all of our furniture etc. Simply was charged by the weight. if you are moving for a new job or a transfer you can write off the cost of the move out of your taxes too.:coffee

·
Solo Pig Rider
54 Posts
Only problem is that i'm shipping my effects via Air Canada Cargo (have a friend that can get me a sweet deal) - I'm considering trailering it across the country and do a road trip, but renting a trailer and hitch is going set me back about $350 already, so if its not too much more i rather just crate it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i cant believe prices were that high my buddy shipped his bimmer from van-ontario and it was 800 ish inc taxes
ill get the shipping company name when he gets home hes on his honeymoon right now

·
Solo Pig Rider
54 Posts
In case anyone is interested, i'm moving the bike with Ray's Moving and Storage for $900 + tax (including FSC) which includes a pickup at my front door.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts