BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta move fast, so any advice from you nutballs is appreciated. Found the bike I want, but its clear on the other side of the country. Going to have to take a flyer on it and purchase it sight unseen. It's cheap enough that I am willing to risk spending a grand or two to fix anything that is broken.

So besides the obvious deposit to seller to secure the sale, VIN check, etc. Who would you recommend I use to have the bike shipped back here (properly)?

Is there a company that would also provide a visual inspection of the bike as well as provide shipping?

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Some details on the location would be appreciated as many members here have friends and families out east that could help you

·
backslider
11,236 Posts
If you were to get in touch with a reputable shop not far from where the bike's owner stores the bike, I'd bet dollars-to-donuts one of the shop's mastermechanics would spend an hour after his day one day to go have a look at it for you, for a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have a local shop inspect it and crate it. Then find a freight company to move it for ya (the shop may even had a recommendation). My buddy just did the same to get his bike down from FSJ via Van Kam, price wasn't too bad (couple hundred I think), Honda dealer did the crating. It'll obviously be more if you're going cross-country, especially if its remote. I shipped a whole car from Van to TO for less than $750, so don't pay any more than that.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,213 Posts
Yup! I've used UShip for the WMRC and it worked awesome. You will have to get someone to crate it up properly first though.

·
lover of twins
6,092 Posts
When I had my bike shipped from Toronto, it cost me $200. I found the Uship quotes to all be in the 5-800 range.
that's great! thanks for sharing!

who the fuck did you use though?

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Try these guys
http://www.downhomemovers.com/
They're from NewFoundland and travel west.
You never mentioned where East the bike is.

We also provide transportation of Autos, motorcycles, quads and snowmobiles in our enclosed trailers."

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
hardy har syncro and malamikgo... I know the address of where I picked it up, but as it's a shipping depot and not the shipper, there's not much I could do. I told Frank this morning before he posted this thread I would try to track down the info of the shipping company.
I only posted to show that uship doesn't always come through with the most affordable prices.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
My money is on a KTM Supermoto. (Maybe a 950).

I have good hunches. I did sniff out the Kawi very quickly...

Could also be a Husaberg.... but I lean towards KTM in this case.

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
Chia and CDG were taking dirty pictures with my Berg when my back was turned at bike night ... My money's on the Berg! (Though they're both KTMs, really)

My money is on a KTM Supermoto. (Maybe a 950).

I have good hunches. I did sniff out the Kawi very quickly...

Could also be a Husaberg.... but I lean towards KTM in this case.

·
Ride Solo
4,215 Posts
I recall someone saying that Harley's come in nice, big crates as they're nearly fully assembled. Maybe have the seller take it to a Harley dealer and ship from there?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts