BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
I get bikes shipped occasionally from back east. I use Trans Frt Mcnamara, Here is some contact info.. They ship motorcycles all the time and have proper crates. I had a Kawasaki 500 triple shipped from AYr Ontario to Delta for $675.00 . I have called local guys to have a look at a bike and I tell you this for sure, it's cheap insurance to pay someone to look the bike over, sometimes a local shop even knows the bike.
Head Office
1126 Industrial Road,
Waydom Industrial Park
R.R. #1 Ayr, Ontario
Canada N0B1E0

Phone: (519) 740-6500
Fax: (519) 740-6511
(800) 265-7875

California Office
1501 Chapin Road,
Montebello, CA, USA

Phone: (323) 722-6555
West Coast Offices
7504 30 Street SE
Calgary, Alberta
Canada T2C 1M8

Phone: (403) 253-6580
Fax: (403) 253-6313

1659 Foster's Way
Annacis Island,
Delta, B.C.
Canada V3M 6S7

Phone: (604) 525-6507

·
Registered
863 Posts
If you Can get the current owner to ride or haul it to the closest Transfrt Mcnamara depot they crate it up for you. I have no idea where the bike is being shipped from so I cant give you much more info. Sounds like a nice ride to fly out and ride back??

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
When I had my bike shipped from Toronto WITH MARITIME ONTARIO, it cost me $200. I found the Uship quotes to all be in the 5-800 range.
Holy shit that's cheap!
I just shipped my bike from Vancouver to Halifax and back, $1,100 taxes in with Day and Ross. I thought that was a good price.
We had purpose built shipping skids. All standard steel stuff, 2 hours to fab if you knew someone in the area..

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
I was lucky in that the seller crated it up (built it himself!) and dropped it off at the depot for me... probably why it was so cheap.
As for where Frank's new bike is .... I'll just give a hint that it's on the other coast. ;)

Holy shit that's cheap!
I just shipped my bike from Vancouver to Halifax and back, $1,100 taxes in with Day and Ross. I thought that was a good price.
We had purpose built shipping skids. All standard steel stuff, 2 hours to fab if you knew someone in the area..

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've had a couple of bikes shipped thru USHIP and I've never crated a bike. They have proper enclosed trailers with chocks and tie downs.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I've had a couple of bikes shipped thru USHIP and I've never crated a bike. They have proper enclosed trailers with chocks and tie downs.
Exactly. And it's the shippers responsibility to get it there in one piece, so even if there's any issue with it due to transportation, they'll cover it. Personally I used Cargolution to ship my bike, but there a lot of other alternatives.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
'Pop' must be gettin' a bit old and slowin' down. but even for Pop, 8 years is unusually slow for a response! somewhere out in the internet world, though, somebody is counting how much traffic this drives to "Cargolution"... not gonna be me!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts