BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I finally got a SV650 from Blackfoot in Calgary and now need a honest shop/mechanic in Victoria. Who should I drop by?

Thanks,

BallJi

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.

Definitely will drop by Adrenalin to check them out next week.

One more quick question, my new shiny SV comes with 3 yr factory warranty (free from Blackfoot). Will the local Suzuki dealer give me BS and say the third party "ruin" the bike if I don't use them to service?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Savage told me to deal with my suzuki dealer directly for warranty issues - as the paperwork they fill out, and time spend on administration stuff makes warranty work not really worth doing. So if they didnt make the money on the bike, they dont really want to do the warranty stuff.

But ask anyways, maybe they'll have a different story for you.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
As far as shops go in Victoria I would suggest Action. Action has good CS, they will give you deals on stuff (gotta ask at first and then you get it automatic if your a repeat customer) and you know your bikes being taken care of proffesionals.

With Adrenalin you need to pay $100 a year in order to get the deals Action gives you, doesn't make much sense unless your bikes going to be in the shop quite often. Lots of people seem to like Adrenalin though, I just can't justify paying in order to get the same deals other shops offer for free.

Also there is a new shop out in colwood called Freedom Cycle. Not sure if they are even in the phone book but yet (just opened on the 15th). It's right off the main island highway strip. The guy who runs that shop is an excelent mechanic so it might be worth checking him out. Also if you go in there he might cut you a deal considering his shop is so new and he needs to build a solid customer base. Get in quick though as he is well known and I am guessing a lot of his old Adrenalin customers will be coming over.

·
Registered
91 Posts
do NOT go to savage cylce, i'd get into it but i'll just say its not worth the headache, Action in Esquimalt have always treated me right and adrenaline is also on par with Action as they have helped me out countless times (for free) and i dont even have a membership with them!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies!

I went to savage and willing to offer up to $1k more for the SV before buying from Blackfoot Calgary. The sale/tech/part guy didn't even try to sell me the bike. The owner is cool, but he was just horrible. So I take my money elsewhere. Feel sorry for the owner.

Savage told me to deal with my suzuki dealer directly for warranty issues - as the paperwork they fill out, and time spend on administration stuff makes warranty work not really worth doing. So if they didnt make the money on the bike, they dont really want to do the warranty stuff.
If it is true, they are really suck. A dealer must do all the factory warranty work, no matter where the bike from. I worked in a small auto dealer years ago, most cars are from other dealers. To be honest, I am not confidence to drop off my bike to them because of the last experience.

I will go to Action later today. They replied my email on Saturday afternoon within 15 minutes, I am impressed. Of course, I will keep Adrenalin in mind, their work area and social lounge sound like fun down the road.

There are few Tech guys in Action, who is familiar with Suzuki?

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
BallJi said:
There are few Tech guys in Action, who is familiar with Suzuki?
Marc Burgess, the Service Manager at Action, has maintained SV race bikes in the past, and he'll definitely make sure your bike is well taken care of.

·
Registered
371 Posts
BallJi said:
Hi all,

I finally got a SV650 from Blackfoot in Calgary and now need a honest shop/mechanic in Victoria. Who should I drop by?

Thanks,

BallJi
Do you mind me asking, what is freight, pdi and delivery from Blackfoot? I'm assuming BC residents still have to pay 2 taxes? I saw their site and they have some smokin deals. Just wondering if it is worth it.

·
track hack
2,009 Posts
For others wondering about Blackfoot, I am purchasing another bike from them this week (please buy my SV1000S so I don't have to crate it up and send it to Flatland for some strightliner to buy!) and here's my breakdown:

Bike - 2006 GSXR750 - $10,999
Freight/PDI - $399
Doc Fee - $149 ($99 if you don't use Suzuki 4.99% financing)
Shipping the bike to Victoria - $275

I'me dealing with a great sales guy there and it's been a much better buying experience this time around than it was last year when I bought my SV. I try to buy local but like BallJi said, the Victoria Suzuki dealer isn't too open to negotiations.

If you call Blackfoot - Ryan Torris is the sales guy I was refering to - great guy...

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Young Lion said:
For others wondering about Blackfoot, I am purchasing another bike from them this week (please buy my SV1000S so I don't have to crate it up and send it to Flatland for some strightliner to buy!) and here's my breakdown:

Freight/PDI - $399

I'me dealing with a great sales guy there and it's been a much better buying experience this time around than it was last year when I bought my SV. I try to buy local but like BallJi said, the Victoria Suzuki dealer isn't too open to negotiations.

If you call Blackfoot - Ryan Torris is the sales guy I was refering to - great guy...
Hey, nice bike ya got coming.... congrats!!
Gotta get together once the weather starts to cooperate...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Young Lion said:

Freight/PDI - $399

Hey YoungLion, why are you downgrading from an SV1000 to GSXR 750? Just kidding, congrats on the new bike. I've seen the pics in your gallery and I love what you did to it, the black paint is hot, unique. If I was in the market, I'd seriously give you a shout ... hey why don't I sell my 650 and get your 1000 ... wishful thinking :flashy

·
track hack
2,009 Posts
SilverSV650S said:
Hey YoungLion, why are you downgrading from an SV1000 to GSXR 750? Just kidding, congrats on the new bike. I've seen the pics in your gallery and I love what you did to it, the black paint is hot, unique. If I was in the market, I'd seriously give you a shout ... hey why don't I sell my 650 and get your 1000 ... wishful thinking :flashy
Thanks, I appreciate it!

I have another two weeks to sell it privately and then it's crated up and off to Calgary as a trade in. They are giving me a fair trade in for it, it just kills me to pay $275 to have it shipped there. If it were April or later I'd drive it there myself and ride home o the new machine but it's way to risky this time of year.

As for the original topic, Action, SG Power, or Adrenalin would be my choices although not in that order!

·
track hack
2,009 Posts
silverD said:
Hey, nice bike ya got coming.... congrats!!
Gotta get together once the weather starts to cooperate...
Thanks Don, you know I'm always up for a ride - grab Dog and the Dirty One and do a day trip next month!

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Young Lion said:
Thanks Don, you know I'm always up for a ride - grab Dog and the Dirty One and do a day trip next month!
Absolutely, since I'm newly retired again I'll have plenty O time for planning things like that... and I love the way you got the cagers trained to get out of the way, that just rocks..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts