BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
lover of twins
6,071 Posts
I had an 05 ZX10R. It was the only bike that made me truly fearful. Nervous, twitchy handling and the ability to wheelie on throttle alone after a small bump in the road ....... in 6th gear ........ at 220 km/hr ........

After that incident, I decided that between the wheel lofting and and touching down I was in the deep end of the pool and I didn’t like it. I knew that at some point I’d be chasing buddies and end up lighting up that rear wheel at somewhere north of Mach 9 and end up in a world of hurt. The bike was traded in on an 1150GS Adventure within 2 weeks. * *

I’d still like to see another one in the garage though ...... it would be like having a pet wolf. Cool until it’s not.*

C'mon, I'm sure you've got a spare $5K socked away somewhere that the wife doesn't know about.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/mcy/d/vancouver-zx-10r-titanium/6894566978.html

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
come to think of it, wondering minds got me looking into the latest Green beast.

is anyone on here considering such a purchase? its looking like a bit of a winner :thumbup
Do you ride track mostly? Nope...........the latest ZX10r or 10rr is a horrible street bike. Had a 10rr for the entire day and besides the extremely cramped ergos, its pretty much useless below 9000rpms. 1st gear launches difficult, zero torque below 8000rpms.......best to stick with your R1

·
Registered
8,228 Posts

·
Registered
18,864 Posts
I'm with Sikko, I had the 04 zx10 and it was one of the few bikes I've owned that I didn't trust what would happen with it. Sketchy
steering, twitchy as all can be... and it would do random wheelies when you least expected them.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
Do you ride track mostly? Nope...........the latest ZX10r or 10rr is a horrible street bike. Had a 10rr for the entire day and besides the extremely cramped ergos, its pretty much useless below 9000rpms. 1st gear launches difficult, zero torque below 8000rpms.......best to stick with your R1
i kinda figured that would be the case.. but i can wax poetic about other bikes its not all about the R1..

the kawi is still a basic inline 4, even with all that power its still gonna be peaky at best. still like the 'idea' of one

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
181 - 191 of 191 Posts