BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 191 Posts

·
track hack
2,000 Posts
My first stop would be Nels..to uncorked the damn thing! I live on Jurassic Park Island! Don't want to wait 4 weeks for parts too!!! Now I need to find a suspension guru? Island or not! :flashy
If you go see Nels, then Barry at KFG is only 15 minutes away, boingers and ECU all set in one trip.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
I've had KFG do 2 of my bikes and Nel's do two of my bikes. Highly recommend both.

And BTW...........most japanese bikes are Meh looking........mine included. The older you get the less you care about curb appeal

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
And BTW...........most japanese bikes are Meh looking........mine included. The older you get the less you care about curb appeal
Speaking about the older you get...

My Penticton friend Old Gixxer got his lastest non-current GSXR 1000 when a dealer called him last year and like the God Father. 'Made him an offer he couldn't refuse'

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Speaking about the older you get...

My Penticton friend Old Gixxer got his lastest non-current GSXR 1000 when a dealer called him last year and like the God Father. 'Made him an offer he couldn't refuse'
Very true. Seems like long long ago with winter dragging on. Managed to get a couple thousand klicks + on it before the season ended. Got my motobars rack for it the other day so I can do some touring. Going to hunt for new twisties.

https://unsee.cc/adadda83/

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I contacted Pierobonframes because I was curious about pricing for frame (not shown on website) for the Ducati 1299.. https://www.pierobonframes.com/

Proper sexy!!!!!:flashy

Ciao Frederic,

in attached you find the price list.

Here you find some technical informations.

The parts streeclty necessary to mount the trellis frame are:

Frame

Headstock inserts

Front frame holder

Rear subframe, available for standard or increased fuel tank

Fuel tank holder

Screws for fuel tank

Airbox

Airduct

Footpegs

Left elctronic holder

Right elctronic holder

A second step is modify your fuel tank, increasing the capacity of 2L.

A third step is add the winglets to your bodywork.

The basic kit has similar geometries of the original bike. We have only change a little bit the rake angle and so the trail, but the weight distribution not change.

Our target is give back the typical sensations of trellis frame and we want that the bike communicated the front wheel limit , so we worked on the torsional and the lateral stiffness of the frame, to give to the rider more confidence on the front side.

After, if you want ,with upgrades, you can radical change the geometry and weight distribution of bike, for example with longer swingarm, steering bushes and fuel tank upgrade.

In case, we can also modify the orginal swingarm, increasing of 30 mm:

https://www.pierobonframes.com/en/product/swingarm-30/

Here you can find other info and pictures of the kit:

https://www.pierobonframes.com/en/bikes/pierobon-x85r-en/

If you need other informations, we are here.

Best regards

·
track hack
2,000 Posts
Tommy Bridewell from the BSB Series came over and raced one of the X85R's at Barber last year and did reasonably well on it.

Sexy machine for those where dollars don't matter. Personally I'd go the Kramer route once they release the 790 twin version later this year.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Tommy Bridewell from the BSB Series came over and raced one of the X85R's at Barber last year and did reasonably well on it.

Sexy machine for those where dollars don't matter. Personally I'd go the Kramer route once they release the 790 twin version later this year.
Sexy machine for sure! I would like to see what is the difference between the monocoque chassis and the Pierobon setup??? I do like the new tech on the new bikes but they're all lacking sex appeal. :evilgrin

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Was sure you had a 2015+ R1 R1M in your stable? WTF?:hopmad
nah, i've thought about it once or twice but the whole gearbox & crankshaft shit-show kicked me off that bandwagon..

there's 2016 STD R1 models that are still sitting in dealership floors, there's several reasons for this. I would not touch
a '15/'16 R1M with a ten foot pole. Yamaha even killed the R1S for 2019, it backfired on them. Became a costly option.

IMHO they're asking way too much for them up here. not worth the hassle, fvck 'em :laughing :flip

next to no real updates since 2015 and yet the thing goes up $1k in MSRP every year? WTF, you gotta be shitting me.. Yamaha lost the plot.

hence why i decided to do some work on the R1, should be good for 180rwhp.. :coffee

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
nah, i've thought about it once or twice but the whole gearbox & crankshaft shit-show kicked me off that bandwagon..

there's 2016 STD R1 models that are still sitting in dealership floors, there's several reasons for this. I would not touch
a '15/'16 R1M with a ten foot pole. Yamaha even killed the R1S for 2019, it backfired on them. Became a costly option.

IMHO they're asking way too much for them up here. not worth the hassle, fvck 'em :laughing :flip

next to no real updates since 2015 and yet the thing goes up $1k in MSRP every year? WTF, you gotta be shitting me.. Yamaha lost the plot.

hence why i decided to do some work on the R1, should be good for 180rwhp.. :coffee
Is there any ways to fix the crankshaft issues with the 15-16? The whole drama was started by EDR. Man, I found a great deal on a 15 R1 with no millage on it in AB. Bacchus , you are a buzz killer.:laughing

FML! I just started reading a few threads on the R1 forum LOL!!!! You were right!!

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
FML! I just started reading a few threads on the R1 forum LOL!!!! You were right!!
I think i've had it right up to here with people online blaming EDR for broken crankshafts.. they've clearly stated a couple of the
R1s which had that happen were stockers, one of 'em only had headwork / ama cams.. They've also gone as far as saying the
bottom ends were ALL stockers.. AND then there is the little details that ALL OF THEM broke in the EXACT SAME SPOT!!
There are conspiracy theories among conspiracy theories but how the fvck can anybody blame EDR over stock engines blowing up?

it wasnt just EDR either, as you can see on the forum there are threads after threads of busted crankshaft bearings and of
course the end result is the same, engine goes boom! The most common seems to be a spun #1 PISTON crank bearing. :laughing

i believe these pics were of one that had seen some track miles as i know the owner. BUT

I've done the rounds and spoken at length with some of the boys, they all say the exact same thing... they were cruising
at a mild clip on the freeway and then, NOTHING.. YIKES!! i'm not about to blow 20 grand (new std R1 pricing is 21G plus tax) on those odds.

I dont think YAMAHA built a 200HP engine, i think they built a 190HP engine and proceeded to squeeze the most they could out of it.

the crankshaft has holes drilled through it to provide oil, lubrication and it was lightened.. the gearbox parts were also lightened and of course
we all know the entire 2015 R1 lot had to go through a recall.. The end result? the 2016 R1 makes a little less hp than its 'predecessor'
as they likely had to beef up some parts in the process.

There are NO new part numbers for the major parts of the engine, namely those that are blowing up.. Little bits and pieces
here and there were granted new #s but i think its just as a manner of keeping things tight a little longer. No way are they nearly
as reliable as my own 2009 R1 :coffee

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I think i've had it right up to here with people online blaming EDR for broken crankshafts.. they've clearly stated a couple of the
R1s which had that happen were stockers, one of 'em only had headwork / ama cams.. They've also gone as far as saying the
bottom ends were ALL stockers.. AND then there is the little details that ALL OF THEM broke in the EXACT SAME SPOT!!
There are conspiracy theories among conspiracy theories but how the fvck can anybody blame EDR over stock engines blowing up?

it wasnt just EDR either, as you can see on the forum there are threads after threads of busted crankshaft bearings and of
course the end result is the same, engine goes boom! The most common seems to be a spun #1 PISTON crank bearing. :laughing

i believe these pics were of one that had seen some track miles as i know the owner. BUT

I've done the rounds and spoken at length with some of the boys, they all say the exact same thing... they were cruising
at a mild clip on the freeway and then, NOTHING.. YIKES!! i'm not about to blow 20 grand (new std R1 pricing is 21G plus tax) on those odds.

I dont think YAMAHA built a 200HP engine, i think they built a 190HP engine and proceeded to squeeze the most they could out of it.

the crankshaft has holes drilled through it to provide oil, lubrication and it was lightened.. the gearbox parts were also lightened and of course
we all know the entire 2015 R1 lot had to go through a recall.. The end result? the 2016 R1 makes a little less hp than its 'predecessor'
as they likely had to beef up some parts in the process.

There are NO new part numbers for the major parts of the engine, namely those that are blowing up.. Little bits and pieces
here and there were granted new #s but i think its just as a manner of keeping things tight a little longer. No way are they nearly
as reliable as my own 2009 R1 :coffee
WOW! So surprise to see "Yamaha and unreliable" in the same sentence... The prices keep going up too $25000 before taxes+ for the R1M nowdays LOL. I'll stay away from them like Syphilis. The new GSX-R and the Aprilia are plan B then!

·
track hack
2,000 Posts
21 - 40 of 191 Posts