BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 191 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
Agreed, I think it'll be the best bike not named V4R this year.

Base model is $22,500 OTD but if it's like years past, no dealers will bring in base models, just mid-level bikes and M-spec units which add another $3000-$7000 on top.
You know........I have the financial means to just go and buy one at my age (my body may protest........alot!), but I just can't make it work in my head. I bet a third of those active here have either owned a '05 GSX-R1000 or ridden one enough to know, and despite the tendency for time to make things much better than they were, I swear that bike has more guts than anyone every needs (street).

Racking my memory. Can't recall..............guessing $12K plus all the shit. I think the 750 was like $10,500. I guess if you do a future cost calculation @ 4%, that $12K becomes $20,780, so I guess that is fair. Still seems cheaper back then though

Ramble

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
you're not alone in your opinion of the BMW, but get in line. I was told at the show by a person who would know that they had TWO DOZEN deposits in hand at that point, Friday, first day of the show, way back in January. and almost all of them were the M model. and half of those were from people who had M class BMW cars, and were 'complementing' the car with the bike... who says branding doesn't work!

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
WOW! So surprise to see "Yamaha and unreliable" in the same sentence... The prices keep going up too $25000 before taxes+ for the R1M nowdays LOL. I'll stay away from them like Syphilis. The new GSX-R and the Aprilia are plan B then!
I know, its totally absurd.. there are folks who have bought the early models and for the most part they keep braggin
about how great the stupid thing is.. That is, great if it hasnt blown up YET! :coffee

i dont geddit, and yes you are correct 25k plus tax for an R1M!!!! i'm guessing the 3-4k increase in price will pay
for the shortfall resulting from having to replace every fvcking gearbox in the planet :laughing

you see how fvcking clean those pistons are? thats because the stupid thing only had 2800 miles on its odo :tredmill :rant

Wondering if the same issue killed Williams Dunlop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7I7UpkpC9A
OMGawd!!!! i hadnt even seen that video..

shit-tonne of smoke and BOOM.. yep, chances are related to the crank :coffee

Racking my memory. Can't recall..............guessing $12K plus all the shit. I think the 750 was like $10,500. I guess if you do a future cost calculation @ 4%, that $12K becomes $20,780, so I guess that is fair. Still seems cheaper back then though

Ramble
i completely agree.. i paid 9k plus tax for my 09 R1, sure i picked up a left over down WA state.

But i've also heard of others getting deals up here around the same time, like 12.5k tops :D

in just a few years every damn bike out there is going for over $20k ..

for the 1st couple of years we all kinda blew our loads seeing all this gadgetry and big time horsepower and we 'thought it was worth it'.

then of course you realize a couple years later prices keep going up and all you get is BNG, same as before..

no thanks, a left over ZOOK goes for 14k, a 3-4 year old R1 still on the floor goes for 16k plus plus plus... FVCK OFF. no really, FVCK OFF..

clearly its possible to still manufacture this technology and then some, for less

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
you're not alone in your opinion of the BMW, but get in line. I was told at the show by a person who would know that they had TWO DOZEN deposits in hand at that point, Friday, first day of the show, way back in January. and almost all of them were the M model. and half of those were from people who had M class BMW cars, and were 'complementing' the car with the bike... who says branding doesn't work!
I was there on Saturday early in the morning, they had over 66 pre-orders in Canada alone, more than the whole USA together and half of them were from the West Coast. :canadian

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Agreed, I think it'll be the best bike not named V4R this year.

Base model is $22,500 OTD but if it's like years past, no dealers will bring in base models, just mid-level bikes and M-spec units which add another $3000-$7000 on top.

Totally worth the price, maybe.. bikes are getting expensive AF! Love the BMW shiftcam, torque numbers are utterly amazing,(100 Nm of torque from 5 500 to 14 500 rpm), the 6.5 inch TFT screen, 207 HP with a Euro 4 exhaust can! (Germans usually don't lie with their numbers!) Wheelie control is "separated" from the TC package. Base price +race package is around $22 000 before taxes. The bike is a total homerun. I just wish we have more color options.:flashy

·
track hack
1,999 Posts
Totally worth the price. Love the BMW shiftcam, torque numbers are utterly amazing,(100 Nm of torque from 5 500 to 14 500 rpm), the 6.5 inch TFT screen, 207 HP with a Euro 4 exhaust can! (Germans usually don't lie with their numbers!) Wheelie control is "separated" from the TC package. Base price +race package is around $22 000 before taxes. The bike is a total homerun. I just wish we have more color options.:flashy
$28,000 after taxes and financing costs - no chance in hell a street bike is worth that when compared to things like what Bachus and CDG posted.

207 hp won't be RWHP, that'll likely come out at roughly 185 stock and that torque figure is also claimed at crank so bet on it being exactly right where the current class leader is for midrange - the G1K which has 70+ ft lbs from 6,000-13,500pm. The Beemer lost a LOT of weight this year though, it went from 4kg heavier than the G1K to 5kg lighter.

I have the new G1K in my garage and for Island riding, my last bike would be faster on the roads I ride. Yes it had the suspension sorted out but regardless, when a 39hp KTM RC390 leads groups of 7-8 experienced riders all on literbikes - that tells you just how little of the bikes potential we all use. I'll be slower on the Zook and have less margin for error I bet.

Interior BC roads where it's much more about faster sweepers sure it's a different ballgame but for us on the Island at least if I had to race for pink slips on 95% of our roads I'd pick an older grey market VFR400RR, new Ninja 400, or something similar - heavy bikes with boat loads of power are insane overkill but in our day and age, there's no such thing as "too much" anything, hence me owning a liter bike like a putz. LOL...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I know, its totally absurd.. there are folks who have bought the early models and for the most part they keep braggin
about how great the stupid thing is.. That is, great if it hasnt blown up YET! :coffee

i dont geddit, and yes you are correct 25k plus tax for an R1M!!!! i'm guessing the 3-4k increase in price will pay
for the shortfall resulting from having to replace every fvcking gearbox in the planet :laughing

you see how fvcking clean those pistons are? thats because the stupid thing only had 2800 miles on its odo :tredmill
Islamic engines? They blow themselves up!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
$28,000 after taxes and financing costs - no chance in hell a street bike is worth that when compared to things like what Bachus and CDG posted.

207 hp won't be RWHP, that'll likely come out at roughly 185 stock and that torque figure is also claimed at crank so bet on it being exactly right where the current class leader is for midrange - the G1K which has 70+ ft lbs from 6,000-13,500pm. The Beemer lost a LOT of weight this year though, it went from 4kg heavier than the G1K to 5kg lighter.

I have the new G1K in my garage and for Island riding, my last bike would be faster on the roads I ride. Yes it had the suspension sorted out but regardless, when a 39hp KTM RC390 leads groups of 7-8 experienced riders all on literbikes - that tells you just how little of the bikes potential we all use. I'll be slower on the Zook and have less margin for error I bet.

Interior BC roads where it's much more about faster sweepers sure it's a different ballgame but for us on the Island at least if I had to race for pink slips on 95% of our roads I'd pick an older grey market VFR400RR, new Ninja 400, or something similar - heavy bikes with boat loads of power are insane overkill but in our day and age, there's no such thing as "too much" anything, hence me owning a liter bike like a putz. LOL...
ahahahahahahah I know! Just ride it like a little Princess??! :laughing Prices are friggin ridiculous! I think I am going to buy a brand new dirt bike and go hide myself in the woods trying to find the Sasquatch for a while! My mental budget limit for a sportbike is $20 000.:( still too much!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
I was there on Saturday early in the morning, they had over 66 pre-orders in Canada alone, more than the whole USA together and half of them were from the West Coast. :canadian
no surprise.. west coast is the most :laughing

by the way, i'll let you figure out the whole dirt bike thing on your own time.. i had the same silly idea, still dont have one :rant :flip

Islamic engines? They blow themselves up!
yep, you're going to hell :coffee

41 - 60 of 191 Posts