BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

81 - 100 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
Considering pump gasoline is only ever going to produce a max of 85 ft/lbs per liter, that would be amazing. lol

LOL you're right. My mistake. 113 NM @ peak power, which is about 84 lb-ft. 100 NM around 5000 RPM, can't wait to see the thing on the roller.:rockon Only bike I am excited about. Like the new V4 from Ducati but afraid of maintenance and resale value. (Toy bike)

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
LOL you're right. My mistake. 113 NM @ peak power, which is about 84 lb-ft. 100 NM around 5000 RPM, can't wait to see the thing on the roller.:rockon Only bike I am excited about. Like the new V4 from Ducati but afraid of maintenance and resale value. (Toy bike)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm6SFfZCu30
https://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/en/models/sport/s1000rr.html#/section-design-of-the-rr
So... I'll take 12 Stella please, next time you're in Victoria - thanks!!!!

:)

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
Dude, BMW promises 100 pound-feet torque starting @ 5000RPM lol. Amazing!
i've got 130 ft.lbs out of my Raider V-twin :coffee

1854cc :flashy

I'm guessing this will be the same - NOWHERE close to 100ft lbs - ANYWHERE on the S1000RR.
THIS :laughing

dont be absurd Badexample :flip

see above, my butt dyno could disprove said theory just by cracking on the throttle once :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
i've got 130 ft.lbs out of my Raider V-twin :coffee

1854cc :flashy

THIS :laughing

dont be absurd Badexample :flip

see above, my butt dyno could disprove said theory just by cracking on the throttle once :D
I corrected myself. LOL NM. we all know the new BMW will kick arse anyways. Wait for it!! It is the bike to get.

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
I corrected myself. LOL NM.
don't count.. "the Bartender" posted accurate info.. prior to said correction, ahh the beauty of public forums :laughing

by my count it took you over an hour to do the math on that one :canadian

i love the fact he insisted on pump gas for said result... classic :coffee

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
don't count.. "the Bartender" posted accurate info.. prior to said correction, ahh the beauty of public forums :laughing

by my count it took you over an hour to do the math on that one :canadian

i love the fact he insisted on pump gas for said result... classic :coffee
haahahahahahahahahah Dude I was working. Newton meter. Dude having 80 ft-lb + of torque @ 5Gs sounds fun to me!

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Take a ZX14R for a spin if you want to experience insane midrange torque. I dare you to go WOT in 2nd gear
I recall mine, it ended up in the hands of a member here. Mind blowing ..... that’s what that bike was. Smoothness, never ending torque. It reminded me of the 600HP electric motors we had in the pulp mill. * *

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
Insured my G1K today and took a ride out to Jordan River - casual 150km round trip to shake off the cobwebs and see how the roads look.

I can't speak for the new S1000RR of course but here's what I can say about the lowly 83ft lbs and 184hp Jizza:

-It's the first bike I've ever TRIED to thrash a little and was told "Um, NO!"

Honestly it's 3 bikes in 1:

4000-7000rpm - no drama just twist and go, very docile and easy to ride. Peppy but not overkill.
7000-9000rpm - you reeeeally better have your game face on and be paying attention cause shit happens quick, especially from 7500rpm upwards!
9000-14000rpm - basically unrideable on the street. Totally out of the realm of my capabilities to ride it at that power output.

Jesus mary and joseph...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Insured my G1K today and took a ride out to Jordan River - casual 150km round trip to shake off the cobwebs and see how the roads look.

I can't speak for the new S1000RR of course but here's what I can say about the lowly 83ft lbs and 184hp Jizza:

4000-7000rpm - no drama just twist and go, very docile and easy to ride. Peppy but not overkill.
7000-9000rpm - you reeeeally better have your game face on and be paying attention cause shit happens quick, especially from 7500rpm upwards!
9000-14000rpm - basically unrideable on the street. Totally out of the realm of my capabilities to ride it at that power output.

Jesus mary and joseph...
Amen!!! :bowdown

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
There's always one jackass that tries to argue against it, provides one example (usually a bike larger than 1 liter), and running on VP113.
:laughing

Honestly it's 3 bikes in 1
i'm having a hard time picturing how this is possible.. careful with that dismount while jumpin' over to the other two 'bikes'.. :flip

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
That's saying a lot coming from a very experienced track rider.
It's just my thoughts of course - Your results may vary. :) Also you've always been a large displacement guy, I've always been a mid-low CC rider so my adjustment phase will be much more noticeable than yours would be I bet.

Clearly I can drone down the highway at 13,000rpm without drama, just a LOT of noise, but when trying to make time it's actually a detriment for me to have that much thrust on tap - you can't steer as the front wheel is off the ground everywhere and every little input is magnified so safety margins are tiny.

To make use of it you'd have to be at a track like The Ridge or Pacific - even better Portland but as it is this bike still has noticeably more power than my SS built '05 G1K race bike from a few years ago (81ft lbs and 170hp on Avgas).

Once temp's warm up, I get a little more confidence, and the bike is familiar to me I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it but for now 4000-8000rpm is the sweet spot.

·
Registered
18,864 Posts

Jesus mary and joseph...
Sounds pretty awesome!!!!

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
It's just my thoughts of course - Your results may vary. :) Also you've always been a large displacement guy, I've always been a mid-low CC rider so my adjustment phase will be much more noticeable than yours would be I bet.
this i can see.. at some point it comes down to what you're used to of course.

but yeah, front wheel off the ground.. i bet counter-steering doesnt do shit at that point :laughing

81 - 100 of 191 Posts