BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Think it was most original other then paint being rattle canned.

That is how the bike looked when I traded him it for my old GPZ750.

Yes 200cc, would climb anything like a freaking goat tho.

Should give Bill a call and see if he still has it around, think he was going to restore it.

Here is how it looked the day I got it, completely blacked out except the rims.

I remember that bike...he went riding with me at the trials club...it did go everywhere!

·
TeaBagger
542 Posts
I remember that bike...he went riding with me at the trials club...it did go everywhere!
Small world man! I'd love to see where the bike is at now just to see it again.

I saw one Reflex 200 on craigslist last year and it was completely factory paint and everything...........heck I might go visit Bill and ask him about that old bike, it's been years since I sold it but no harm in asking.

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
18,874 Posts
Hmmm... good find!

I've personally never seen one, but that doesn't mean they weren't available for sale in Canada.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My older brother had a TL125, not street legal in Canada. My younger brother had a mid 70's TY250, and were street legal at the time to the rules of the time, didn't need turn signals. Hook up a brake light = legal

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
It's heavier than the gas engine model.
I think you know more about trials than I do Bandito, but looking at the GASGAS site I see the TXTE at 63kg with a range of between 45 and 120 minutes riding time. The TXT Replica Factory bikes (gas engine) are all heavier at 67.5kg (dry weight) with a fuel capacity of 2.4L fuel.

Correct me if I'm misquoting the specs, but the gas engine bike is heavier and with 2.4 L of fuel - it will also be pushed back to the truck before the electric.

·
Registered
542 Posts
At only 45 minutes electrics useless if you can't even do a trials competition . ( loops seem to avg 45 min times 3)

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
At only 45 minutes electrics useless if you can't even do a trials competition . ( loops seem to avg 45 min times 3)
They make it no problem. Had a couple show up at some events this year. While a loop may take 15-40 minuets the actual run time is a fraction of that time...basically you ride to your section, walk it, talk to your buddies about where and how you are going to go. then ride it. A section takes no more than a minuet, some are done in under one....and there are time restrictions too. You must complete the 3 loops by a certain time or you get penalties. Tried the Osset and the power is very electric..hahaha it just pulls strong from the moment you turn the throttle...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just going by my experiance at the competitions I have done , dumping a little gas in sounds a lot easier than firing up a generator to finish the last loop

21 - 33 of 33 Posts