BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It pisses me off that Karla Homolka movie is being made and she get's celebrity status for it. The family of the innocent won't be gaining from the procedes. Hit the producers where it counts in the wallet and don't go.

D

·
0 Posts
the stars say they had no idea what the background was until after the movie was announced.

considering laura prepon (who is playing karla) is a hollywood kid, i can understand why.

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
Reminds me of when Clifford Robert Olsen got paid to tell where the bodies where.....theres a link in another post that lead to something that I read last week that says TV stations in Canada won't show adds for the movie...I hope it bombs at the box office.

·
Fixer
1,610 Posts
better yet, write the producers of this piece of trash, and let them know you'll never watch another movie they produce. i'd rather stick the movie reel into that bitch homolka's mouth.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Likely not, Paul.

·
Registered
129 Posts
slam said:
Seriously do you catalog every thread created on bcsb and record it in your diary or something. Every time anything has ever been reposted you stick up a link to the other thread like some great public service. THanks!:surrender

And yes people will pay and watch this movie, nothing people enjoy more than entertaining themselves with the misery of others. The news is now a gong show of tragic events and taking advantage of other peoples suffering, and we as the general public watch it.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
^ hey, I can stop... maybe you're just a huge fan of duplicate threads

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
What the fuck, no one is gettin celebrity status. There are movies about serial killers and no one is protesting a Jack the ripper or , Ed gain or (name youre fave killer here).The reason we feel so strong about this beside the obvious is that, the story is still fresh in our minds due to her recent release. If this movie was made 10years from now, no one would give a fuck, it be a direct to video film. There is a reason that they havnet made a 911 film yet, not enough time has passed, so they would be risking it at the box office, dont kid yoruslef. People need time to forget and only after that period, can a movie that deals with what we consider horrible at the time, be released. Its simply psychology and marketing.
Will i see the movie, prolly on video unless it gets rave reviews. The filmmakers are taking a gamble on this, could be good or it could nip em in the ass, only the time will tell. If the movie is good, ppl will watch it no matter what it is, if it is bad, they will get pwnd! I give them credit for taking a risk so soon about such a subject that majority of Canadians feel so strong about!
Thats what art is, subjective!
NEXT......

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whats the difference between the movie producers making $ on this story.

And Canadian "news" producers airing all the details of this case over the years for profit.

They've made $ on the son of sam killings, WW2 victims especially(Spielburg) the list goes on.

The same people who know all the details of this case from being glued to their tv sets eating this stuff up are the same people who will watch this movie.

There is no difference between news and entertainment, hypocrisy!

slam said:
^ hey, I can stop... maybe you're just a huge fan of duplicate threads
No don't think u can, addict!:laughing

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Saturnin said:
What the fuck, no one is gettin celebrity status. There are movies about serial killers and no one is protesting a Jack the ripper or , Ed gain or (name youre fave killer here).The reason we feel so strong about this beside the obvious is that, the story is still fresh in our minds due to her recent release. If this movie was made 10years from now, no one would give a fuck, it be a direct to video film. There is a reason that they havnet made a 911 film yet, not enough time has passed, so they would be risking it at the box office, dont kid yoruslef. People need time to forget and only after that period, can a movie that deals with what we consider horrible at the time, be released. Its simply psychology and marketing.
Will i see the movie, prolly on video unless it gets rave reviews. The filmmakers are taking a gamble on this, could be good or it could nip em in the ass, only the time will tell. If the movie is good, ppl will watch it no matter what it is, if it is bad, they will get pwnd! I give them credit for taking a risk so soon about such a subject that majority of Canadians feel so strong about!
Thats what art is, subjective!
NEXT......
:imwithstu

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I agree with Saturnin wholeheartedly.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts