BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya like the topic says, my turn signals dont work, my horn doesnt work, and the tac doenst work, also the nuetral light doesnt work on the little panel.. But the tac starts to work once i start i put it in gear and start to ride, but if i try the signals while im riding the tac cuts out again, but then it starts to work after i turn them off..So do u know what might be wrong? like i checked the fuses..well the best i could and nothing seemed wrong at all. The battery was charged when i got the bike. If anyone could help me out with ths it would be greatly appreciated....o and its an 85 Yamaha fzr 400..

Thnkz Jeff

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm thinking it's a messed up battery, similar thing happens to my cousin's bike.. We used a volt meter and checked out the horn and it was indeed undervolted. So i'd say you should just use a volt meter and check out the connections

R

·
0 Posts
its probably a wiring issue or a power issue. to test if its a power issue, test the voltages across the two wires that lead to the signals, horn and tac, try them with the engine on.

most likely its a battery power issue. there probably just isnt enough voltage.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
check your ground connections or wires.....look around the wire harness that goes into the headlight/cluster areas....check it with the power on and watch for the lights to flicker when you wiggle the harnesses.....thats the easy check...next is to check continuity in the circuts that are giving you trouble...

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Check the voltage at the battery and then at various points around the bike that are supposed to be at the full battery voltage. If the connectors are messed up you may not be getting the full juice at some of the key components of the bike. This can be due to corrosion or a loose fit in some of the connectors. You may need to clean or tweak some of these to provide a more positive connection.

Also if your battery voltage at the terminals falls to about 11 volts at anytime then your battery is toast. If it's good it'll stay over 11.8 to 12 volts during anything but motor cranking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thankz for the help guys..but i tore apart the electrics, and found another fuse box that i didnt know was there, and well of course there was the blown fuse lol..wow i feel like an idiot lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts