BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My Twitter: SH1FTG34R
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God damnit, everytime it happens I somehow always get caught with my helmet on. I went to SFU yesterday and after class I met up with my buddy who just bought an 01 f4i. I wanted to test it out in the parking lott, just get a feel for a different bike. Naturally I put my helmet on and all was well till I had to sneeze. I could not hold this bad boy in. Man... I sneezed so bad I got snot all over inside the shield and I couldn't see shit. It was so discusting. :surrender Has any of this ever happened to you guys, even worse, on the road in traffic and what not? Help!!!

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
i almost always get a sneezing fit on hwy in burnaby area because of the poplars or cottonwood trees around. so no i just automatically prepare myself for it. switch to slow lane, open helmet and wait for it. (actually i pin it and hold my breath)

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Also, it's a nearly uncontrollable reaction that you close your eyes when you sneeze, so watch out for that too!

On a side note, I find that I sniff and snort so much while riding that I swallow a bunch of air and spend the latter part of my ride belching... anyone else?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just be thankful you didnt have to throw up.

·
Terror on the Terrafirma
74 Posts
My buddy is a now a surgeon, but when he was going through Med school he told me you can actually interupt the sneeze reflex. How you say?
What you need to do is when you feel the sneeze coming on, push your tongue up into your soft pallete in your mouth and move you tongue back and forth on the pallete. He didn't really explain how it works but some how your body can't do both things at once.
Most of the time it works but sometimes you catch it too late and you sneeze.
I know you're gonna call bullsh*t but try it before you judge.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
I can control my sneezing in my helmet by just holding it in. Just close your mouth (doesn't need to be tightly closed) and make sure it doesn't open and make sure no air comes out of your nose either by redirecting it ot your month. Kinda hard to explain but it works so well as if I haven't sneezed at all.

·
My Twitter: SH1FTG34R
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:laughing
TerrorFirma said:
My buddy is a now a surgeon, but when he was going through Med school he told me you can actually interupt the sneeze reflex. How you say?
What you need to do is when you feel the sneeze coming on, push your tongue up into your soft pallete in your mouth and move you tongue back and forth on the pallete. He didn't really explain how it works but some how your body can't do both things at once.
Most of the time it works but sometimes you catch it too late and you sneeze.
I know you're gonna call bullsh*t but try it before you judge.
I'm trying it next time for sure, i'm the really loud sneezer type. Flaying my arms around, sneezing loudly, having my eyes sometimes water after a huge sneeze, yeah!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I suffer from hay fever, so sneezing and riding are regular bedfellows. Each time I feel one coming on, I just pop the visor and let 'er rip. Not the most pleasant thing, but better than getting snot inside your lid. :)

·
Time to Ride...
109 Posts
I don't think I've ever sneezed in my helmet as of yet... but I have while driving, and it's scary sometimes cuz my head goes down and eyes totally shut when I have a big sneeze! its hard to keep your eyes on the road when u have those crazy sneezes, know wut I mean?

M

·
0 Posts
ive eaten the steering wheel on 2 occasions. the worst is when you suddenly find yourself having to puke. had that happen while snowmobiling... ended up bailing off (thankfully it was an open trail and i was going slow) and getting my lid off just in time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts