BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from keeping the skis below me?

Will be my first time on a sled (Summit Mountain 550) at Cougar Mountain (Whistler). 3hrs 'trail blazer' blue black mix of runs in gladed backcountry area

Was going to take my motorcycle lid... bad idea?

Concerns

- fogging up. I have an Arai lid with fairly good venting however is it enough when snomobiling and wearing heavy snow gear and 'sweating it up'?
- other option is using the provided helmet (dirtbike style) with open face and using my ski goggles).

I wear glasses so fogging is possible to glasses and visor/goggles.

Best option.... right now is take helmet and decide morning of.....but I can't take both up the mountain.

Help me BCSB you're my only hope!

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Fear_ said:
Aside from keeping the skis below me?

Will be my first time on a sled (Summit Mountain 550) at Cougar Mountain (Whistler). 3hrs 'trail blazer' blue black mix of runs in gladed backcountry area

Was going to take my motorcycle lid... bad idea?

Concerns

- fogging up. I have an Arai lid with fairly good venting however is it enough when snomobiling and wearing heavy snow gear and 'sweating it up'?
- other option is using the provided helmet (dirtbike style) with open face and using my ski goggles).

I wear glasses so fogging is possible to glasses and visor/goggles.

Best option.... right now is take helmet and decide morning of.....but I can't take both up the mountain.

Help me BCSB you're my only hope!

Your going to fog no matter what you wear . Unless you have a heated lense or UVEX goggles. Good luck have fun and don't go riding off by yourself or we'll be reading about you in the papers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
going with 2 other buddies and a guide.... 1 of the buddies has been sledding since he was a wee one

hrmm... thx bill

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll try and remember that as I'm wiping the drooling shit eating grin on my face as I am twisting the throttle

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Fear_ said:
i'll try and remember that as I'm wiping the drooling shit eating grin on my face as I am twisting the throttle
Thumb throttle , sleds are way more fun than bikes you'll be hooked

D

·
0 Posts
Fear_ said:
you are doomed. there is no twist on a sled. its a thumb throttle.

and when you jump a massive drift and land hard, you jamb your thumb.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohhhh like a sea doo

hrmm wankers thumb.... so instead of jamming the throttle when I jump a massive drift I should go no hands and scissor kick to save myself from injury (for a few more seconds)

thax for the tip

bill can I get a private viewing of your stunt team... I won't be around at the tradex to see it..... will have gone to whistler by then on Saturday =p

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so which is it

motorcycle lid and fogging up or the provided open face lid and foggy goggles?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I wear glasses and it just won't fly with your bike helmet unless you wear contacts. Best bet is an MX helmet with tinted goggles because by the looks of things the weather will be cloudy and any help in the depth perception department is necessary. Lets hope for good snow, I'm off to Brandywine tomorrow myself.

T

·
0 Posts
Fear_ said:
bill can I get a private viewing of your stunt team... I won't be around at the tradex to see it..... will have gone to whistler by then on Saturday =p
First he's doin blowjobs and now Private shows ohhhhhh Billy..:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
thundergod said:
First he's doin blowjobs and now Private shows ohhhhhh Billy..:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing
hmm is it me, or does he look like one of them pretty boys, from New Jersy. i think the thread is flying around here somewhere, you know that group shot where they all have striped shirts:laughing

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is it just me or do I suck at the internet....

I attached an image but it's only displaying the link not the picture right in the thread
or do you guys see the picture but not me as the poster?

M

·
0 Posts
no pic here.
snowmobiling rules. so much better than skiing (at big white due to line ups, i would imagine whistler/blackcomb is similar). i love going to the toll booth, but that was back a few years ago when there was more than 100' of the white stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts