BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive finally got my 1990 yamaha FZR 600 running after swapping the engine with a used 89 but im not quite there yet

got her running then the fuel pump starts dripping gas so i want to take it in have someone else fix it, so im wondering where is a good place for this around here?

Also something is wrong with the clutch as well, its hooked up properly by the sprocket but it isnt engaging internally, i peer in through the oil fill hole and only one of the clutch plates is moving, maybe i need more oil? i aleady put more than recomended in..

any input is helpful but i might just have someone else look at it, but if its not too complicated i will do it myself

thx

·
Spandex Nerd
311 Posts
In regards to your fuel pump, I recently had an excellent experience with Dave & Darcy @ Cypress Motorbike in Delta (River Road.) They would know your bike inside and out.

As for your clutch, I'm afraid I don't have the solution to your problem however, I'm sure Dave & Darcy can sort that out for you as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha thx they were first on my list, guess ill get them to mount my head light and speedo on the forks to, streetfigher aww yeeeaaa

im tempted to go for a ride around my block but the fuel is smoking when it hits the exhaust and with no clutch only got first gear (96km/h should be plenty actually) and hafta stall it to stop ha

i hope theyre open tomorow, the season is slipping away

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
fuel pump on a carburated bike?

·
hanging out at timmies
1,716 Posts
as for you clutch it sounds like your clutch plate and friction disc stack is too short for the basket.
did you forget a disc or plate? take it apart again and make sure that it alternates between steel plate
and friction disc. no two plats that are the same should be in contact with each other. and check the
stack height matches the factory specs. Also where exactly is your fuel pump leaking? where the fuel line connects to it maybe? if so the white plastic locking clip might be broken.

check those things out then repost with what you found and go from there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt take apart the clutch at all, so who knows

ok so technically its called the "fuel tank sender pump" :jerkoff

im tired of working on the bike, im just happy that i got it running and im at the point im willing to pay somebody else to get it finished done.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
was asking 'cause i have a bike of about same age and did not see any pumps when i took it apart last winter. was surprised yours has one.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
was asking 'cause i have a bike of about same age and did not see any pumps when i took it apart last winter. was surprised yours has one.
Fizzers used electric pumps. I did a pile of work on a Fizzer400 last year, and was also surprised to see that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts