BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title said, when you go to a pay parking that requires placing the ticket on the dashboard, what do you do? Also, I go SFU and I want to buy a lot pass, but I understand you need to display the pass on your car. If I get a bike, then? Basically same problem :) I'm sure some of yall got da solution somewhere in da back of ur heads

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
motorcycle parking at SFU was only in designated lots and they give you a sticker for motorcycle parking. That was how it was like back in the day

G

·
pay, and take the ticket with you. if you are ticketed for not paying, produce your stub as evidence. if they say you need to have it displayed, explain that it can be taken off a bike easily.

if they don't like it, tough.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Leave a note on the bike that says "I have kept the parking ticket to prevent theft. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx (your cell phone) if you need to see it."

I've done this a dozen times and never received a call or been towed.

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
motorcycle parking at SFU was only in designated lots and they give you a sticker for motorcycle parking. That was how it was like back in the day
Yep, they have designated spots in C-lot and in West Mall Visitors parking for motorcyles. You would have to buy a semester pass for those (~40-50 bucks a semeseter).

If you don't ride up that often, just park in West Mall Visitors regular parking. You don't have to display your stub.. just have to give it to them when you leave.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Or park on the street near production skytrain station and take the bus up the hill. Full-time students have a free pass anyway with their student card, don't they?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Tylo604 said:
Yep, they have designated spots in C-lot and in West Mall Visitors parking for motorcyles. You would have to buy a semester pass for those (~40-50 bucks a semeseter).

If you don't ride up that often, just park in West Mall Visitors regular parking. You don't have to display your stub.. just have to give it to them when you leave.
40-50 a semester? Bike passes are cheaper? Do you still have to deal w/ the huge lottery problem?

EDIT:NM lol. found my answer =] 27.75 for C-Lot, 58.28 for west-mall reserved. WOW thats cheap! LOL

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
40-50 a semester? Bike passes are cheaper? Do you still have to deal w/ the huge lottery problem?

EDIT:NM lol. found my answer =] 27.75 for C-Lot, 58.28 for west-mall reserved. WOW thats cheap! LOL
Yeah... go for West mall reserved. It's right by the parking attendants office. That way you know someone is always watching your bike.

I didn't get one this semester... but my insurance is done on saturday.. but i'm definitely getting one next season!!

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
C-lot is just as far! And it's not undercover!

Even if westmall is further, i'd rather have my bike under cover and watched by a parking attendant!

p.s. ring, what year are you in? what are you taking? what do you ride?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I park in West Mall reserved but am always forgetting my pass - handy tip, there's a pedestrian gate on 8th level just big enough for a bike to exit without paying - no fuss, no charge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts