BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my stock signals and im installing flushmounts....just a tad confused why is there 3 wires going into the stock one and only 2 on the after market one? we figure green is jsut a ground or somthing and we just tied it back...the 2 wires were gunno attach one has a white line along it to differentiate it from the other one which one do i attach to which? any input would be nice:rockon

·
back on the street
1,906 Posts
3 wires...
green = ground
solid = marker
white line = turn signal

you only have 2 wires on your flushmount, so black to green, yellow to turn signal wire, tape up the marker light wire

·
Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Yep, what he said.

Never assume when it comes to electrical. When there's three wires there's a reason. And it's seldom the right choice to connect two together that were not together before.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k so i put it all back together now and.....it doesnt work the lights come on when i turn it on but as soon as i indicate the light goes out and the rear one blinks super fast any thoughts? btw when i cancel the running light comes back on

·
Registered
708 Posts
k so i put it all back together now and.....it doesnt work the lights come on when i turn it on but as soon as i indicate the light goes out and the rear one blinks super fast any thoughts? btw when i cancel the running light comes back on
Those signals you have now are only two wire ones, so you will have to lose the running light feature that came factory with the bike. Swap the power wires that you have connected to the turn signals now and you will 'convert' your marker lights as you have it now to function as proper turn signals.

On another note, if anyone doesn't want to hack into their factory harness, just drop me a PM as I have all of the connectors needed so that your aftermarket lights will plug right into the turn signal connectors. No bikes use bullet connectors anymore like the ones in the pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.