BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got in to do my MST here in Kelowna after been waiting for over a month and all went well :thumbup After she had told me i passed and she handed me my paper and told me i only have one restriction until i do the road test which is no passenger. I was a little confused and asked her about the ICBC website stating that riders with a learners can not ride at night until passing road test...
She looked at me with a confused look on her face and said, but you are not on the graduated license program. I nodded in agreement and she tells me that that rule only applies to new riders under the graduated licensing program!
So all this damn time i have been going home early because i was under the assumption that i can not ride after dark. Not sure if any of you knew this or not but most people i have talked to said that i can not ride after night :banghead

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are doing the graduated licensing? or just the 6 learners? she said the night time rule does not apply to normal learners licenses.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
So you are doing the graduated licensing? or just the 6 learners? she said the night time rule does not apply to normal learners licenses.
I am on the Class 8L. I have my Class 7N (for cars). I still have my no night riding and the no passenger restriction . The people in my PRS class that had full licenses did not have the night restriction, only the passenger one.

We were given the MST as part of the course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Two of my friends and I had the dusk till dawn restriction on our 6L licences after passing our MST.

One of them did the test without school and me and my other friend did it through PRS.

Maybe check your temporary licence paper and see if the restriction is there?.

·
countdown to next crash..
2,658 Posts
your restrictions will be listed on your license, look at the piece of paper you were given.

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
Yes, do look at your licence.

Strangely.... I even though I had a class 5 I'm certain I had: No riding 30 mins before dusk, 30 mins after dawn, zero alcohol, no passenger.

·
countdown to next crash..
2,658 Posts
Yes, do look at your licence.

Strangely.... I even though I had a class 5 I'm certain I had: No riding 30 mins before dusk, 30 mins after dawn, zero alcohol, no passenger.
exactly what I had just under 2 years ago. I'd put money on the woman who told him that being completely wrong.

·
Happiness is the corner
2,031 Posts
Maybe you don't get the restrictions when you do the MST on a CBR900RR? Maybe that's for us mere mortals that wiggled our way around the cone course on a Super Sherpa... ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Maybe you don't get the restrictions when you do the MST on a CBR900RR? Maybe that's for us mere mortals that wiggled our way around the cone course on a Super Sherpa... ;)
I went to prs and rode the super sherpa.. Its kinda a fun bike, different riding position and style.
Love my R6 though..

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
http://icbc.com/driver-licensing/getting-licensed/motorcycle-licence/skills-test

After you pass

After passing the skills test

• the 60 km/h speed restriction* is removed and you can ride without a supervisor, and
  • you either take a
  • Class 6 road test (if you already have a B.C. driver's licence), or a
  • Class 8 road test (if you don't have a B.C. driver's licence or are in the "L" or "N" stages of graduated licensing for passenger vehicles).
*All other learner’s restrictions are still in effect.

When I got my 6L, then did the skills test, the only restriction removed was the speed restriction. I still had the night/passenger restriction.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think its kinda dumb that during the graduated licencing period with class 7n, You are allowed to operate a car from 5 am till midnight. This should be the same for bikes. or maybe 60 or 80 max speed after dark. and no riding midnight to 5 am.

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
I think its kinda dumb that during the graduated licencing period with class 7n, You are allowed to operate a car from 5 am till midnight. This should be the same for bikes. or maybe 60 or 80 max speed after dark. and no riding midnight to 5 am.
There should be mandatory training required instead of worrying about daytime/nighttime restrictions.

·
Strebe für Hölle
209 Posts
Congrats. That bit about the difference between 6L and 8L sounds odd though, can't be right..I bloody hated the MST, did it and passed it twice (license expired) and finally got around to taking the road test after two years, which was damn easy, minus the tester being a bit anal about some stuff that I did for my own safety.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats. That bit about the difference between 6L and 8L sounds odd though, can't be right..I bloody hated the MST, did it and passed it twice (license expired) and finally got around to taking the road test after two years, which was damn easy, minus the tester being a bit anal about some stuff that I did for my own safety.
Thanks :) my road test is booked for July 24th so luckily mine will not be expired yet! i was a bit worried after hearing some guys had to wait 2 months and sometimes longer for their road test. And yes it does sound odd and i am thinking she must have been mistaken about that restriction as my paper still holds the restriction according to the back. So i have no idea why she told me the restriction does not apply to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts