BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a brand new 2011 gsxr750. and kind of dropped in not moving fast but good enough to break off the mirror/turn signal and the clip on for the handle bar. i need advice as of where in Victoria i can get the parts to fix. also if it is something i could do myself.

·
Eyes set on the rubbarb
1,990 Posts
ok so i have a brand new 2011 gsxr750. and kind of dropped in not moving fast but good enough to break off the mirror/turn signal and the clip on for the handle bar. i need advice as of where in Victoria i can get the parts to fix. also if it is something i could do myself.
If you have access to metric Allen wrench, or hex key, you can almost rebuild the entire bike. Speaking of which, there should be some in the trunk of your bike.

Can you do this yourself? IF you couldn't I'd be worried. Parts? Check Ebay or your local suzuki dealership for maximum rape.

You broke a clipon from a slow speed drop? Are we talking about the same thing? I bent one at 135KPH highside.

First bike?

·
Eyes set on the rubbarb
1,990 Posts
If you have access to metric Allen wrench, or hex key, you can almost rebuild the entire bike. Speaking of which, there should be some in the trunk of your bike.

Can you do this yourself? IF you couldn't I'd be worried. Parts? Check Ebay or your local suzuki dealership for maximum rape.

You broke a clipon from a slow speed drop? Are we talking about the same thing? I bent one at 135KPH highside.

First bike?
Ps: there is an island riders forum which might be more helpful than this one in terms of finding local parts. There are a few members here from the island who might chime in about some better parts places. I'd check online however for used bike parts.

·
Registered
18,876 Posts
This sounds like a job for Sherlock Holmes. Check the sales receipt for the new bike, that document may contain a clue.

·
backslider
11,219 Posts
Ha - I'll give you some advice - ... um, ah forget it.

·
'Busa girls, God love 'em
5,842 Posts
This sounds like a job for Sherlock Holmes. Check the sales receipt for the new bike, that document may contain a clue.
I'll tell you right now who it was... Colonel mustard, in the observatory, with the lead pipe

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Two Suzuki dealers on the island. Savage Cycles @ 2956 Westshore Parkway and Action Motorcycles @1234 Esquimalt Rd. Most likely, neither is gonna have a mirror in stock, but I know Savage has two on the floor and may sell you one and order one in for the new bike.

Big ask though, May long weekend, shops will be slammed with business, sales deals, service is already booked through next weekend.

Good luck.

·
100% Asshole
3,394 Posts
Ya you're an idiot...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea first bike. buddy in front of me stopped while i was checking my merge lane to the left. and locked my rear tire up (like an idiot). lesson learned, always assume they're gonna stop. and just a update. the chop shop over in van is flying me the parts today 200 for mirror and clip on should be here in a hour or so, compared to a week + from a shop. they were suggested by a few people. thanks for all the help.

p.s. yes Keloag i am sure its the clip on but thanks.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
352 Posts
yea first bike........
Boggles my mind that someone would buy a high performance bike like this for their first bike. Bring on the new rules for displacement/horsepower limits for new riders. Your next bike should have ABS, then you wouldn't be sliding down the road on your ass.

PS; You're a lucky to be alive Idiot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Sign
maybe you should take that advice.

my drop had nothing to do with the size of the bike. it was not that i was going to fast in fact i was under the speed limit. it was just my inexperience and need to learn my lesson. which i did. my one buddy rides a 125 and has dropped in a number of times. bikes get dropped. i just don't see the point of buying a 125 or 250 and then upgrading in a few months due to being bored.

p.s. I'm not saying anything against me being an idiot. note what i titled the thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ohh lock tight thank you. i was just heading to the store to pick up a torque wrench. that totally slipped my mind, thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ohh lock tight thank you. i was just heading to the store to pick up a torque wrench. that totally slipped my mind, thanks.
Blue locktite not red. Red only comes off with heat. Not good. :)

I've dropped my bike too, shit happens. Just ride safe because that's a lot of motorcycle for an inexperienced rider. Hopefully when it bites you it doesn't bite too hard.

·
100% Asshole
3,394 Posts
yea first bike. buddy in front of me stopped while i was checking my merge lane to the left. and locked my rear tire up (like an idiot). lesson learned, always assume they're gonna stop. and just a update. the chop shop over in van is flying me the parts today 200 for mirror and clip on should be here in a hour or so, compared to a week + from a shop. they were suggested by a few people. thanks for all the help.

p.s. yes Keloag i am sure its the clip on but thanks.

Slow speed drops are usually because your handle bars are slight turned and you grabbed a handful of front brake.

I've locked many a rear wheel and never dropped a bike.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Slow speed drops are usually because your handle bars are slight turned and you grabbed a handful of front brake.

I've locked many a rear wheel and never dropped a bike.
All of which they teach you at rider training. Still not sure why we don't get an insurance break for having it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts