BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its fooking winter!!!! I get back from a Wonton session with the boys...open my car door and the beast bolts! I am thinking some poor kitty is gonna get it...lame. Oh wait that cat has a white strip and suuuure is big! God damn Skunk!!!It winter right? The worse part is I drank all my spare tomato juice in bloody marys as its winter right? Stupid dog has killed two skunks but this time only managed one very stinky point blank face shot....I live in an apartment building too!!!it freeking reeks...I just mopped the enterence and elevator with bleach so my neighbours don't lynch me..

I hate today..!

Oh great now its (the stupid dog) is barfing on the floor!!!

so much for not drinking tonite!!!

PS: Flame away dog haters
:surrender

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
if you got dogs that are so undisciplined, they go after other animals and KILL them, I'd say you got off easy with just some stink..

If your dog killed...say my animal-cat, dog, waht have you, I'd make sure the goddamn thing is put down for it.
what's the diff if it's some poor SOB skunk?

Leash that beast man!

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
my dog attacked one in our back yard...he thought it was a squirrel...

10litres of tomato paste...and 3..YES THREE weeks later i was still gagging from the stink!!

good luck my friend! the smell lingers for ever... i think it was atleast 2mths before it was completly gone, the dog stunk forever too

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Jester666 said:
if you got dogs that are so undisciplined, they go after other animals and KILL them, I'd say you got off easy with just some stink..

If your dog killed...say my animal-cat, dog, waht have you, I'd make sure the goddamn thing is put down for it.
what's the diff if it's some poor SOB skunk?

Leash that beast man!
***EDIT***
I was gonna be rude but i shall refrain...

T

·
0 Posts
poor

bastard

I know exactly what you are talking about.... skunks are not fun...

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
kill kill murder!

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya lost me Sat...a skunk type event may be good for our "Sat's fear factor"..

no?

·
Nite Rider
1,745 Posts
Yawn. Been there done that.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13347&highlight=skunk

Everybody says to use tomato juice or paste but that doesn't work so well. Do a search online. Vinegar supposedly works better but not well enough for me. Go to Canadian Tire and you can find some sort of skunk oil remover. I never got a chance to try it out but this is what I'd do if it ever happened to me again.

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^X3 now...pet stores have a great 'skunk-off' enzyme...but that has to wait many stinky hours from now...

thank god for fans and vodka

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love my furry friends Frank...Always have and will..As you said, thats the thing with pals...take the good with the bad, and always be there for them.and they for you...

My face is now swollen from the skunk juice. I am sure your happy about that eh, Martin?

My real concern is people who don't like dogs...

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Pitdogboy said:
I love my furry friends Frank...Always have and will..As you said, thats the thing with pals...take the good with the bad, and always be there for them.and they for you...

My face is now swollen from the skunk juice. I am sure your happy about that eh, Martin?

My real concern is people who don't like dogs...

I love dogs man, spent my whole life with at least one in the house..
The issue I have with the scenario you've presented is that your dog got away from you for long enough to kill something..
That's not his fault, it's up to the owner to train, guide and restrain the dog appropriately.
All I'm saying is that IF (and I hope you never have to go through it) it was not a skunk, but someone's dog,cat or -God forbid- a child, it's the dog that suffers the consequence of lack of forward vision on the owner's part..

Now, thankfully you only have to suffer your dog's stink:laughing
it could've been much worst.
Learn from this man.
I mean, if you know your dog likes to chase and kill small animals, take appropriate steps to prevent it. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Unless you live on a farm somewhere, in the middle of nowhere, and your dogs are specifically trained to go after rats, mice, and such.

once again, I have no problem with dogs, or YOUR dogs, just with the details of the scenario you've described..the whole thing could've been avoided..Unless this is the first time something like that happened with your dog, in which case I take my shit back of course.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Istead of tomato juice that apparently doesnt work, try bleaching the whole dog, u know hair bleach that stuff eats through everything.

You can have a dog with Billy Idol hair :thumbup :rockon

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Running after a wild animal, and attacking a child are two completely different scenarios.
Just because his dog munches on two stupid skunks in no way means the dog will turn on a human.
My GF's dog kills snakes, then runs over and deposits them at your feet. Maybe we should put her dog down too, eh?

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey man...i don't wanna fight...this dog is very disiplined...years of training at my hand and my pops. (had a few of these dogs) SHE jumped over me as I opened the door of the car...She has a heavy prey drive and loves to hunt. That being said is a sweety with kids and people she knows...She will climb up on your lap and squish you with 80+ lbs of bull terrier love. Plays with my sisters toy yorkie and cats...great with my old mans horses and livestock..pretty funny really...all considered. But man she loves to hunt small game...

I keep her on the tighest rein due to the current public and political climates...I love the breed/s and protect them with everything I have.

Just a shitty incident that I was internet whining about. Not gonna lie to you Martin...I wish she killed the skunk...Just being honest.

That being said...I appreciate your resonses and I am not here to fight..more like support OUR sport and make friends..

I hope to have a nice ride with ya in the spring...

cheers!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Pitdogboy said:
hey man...i don't wanna fight...this dog is very disiplined...years of training at my hand and my pops. (had a few of these dogs) SHE jumped over me as I opened the door of the car...She has a heavy prey drive and loves to hunt. That being said is a sweety with kids and people she knows...She will climb up on your lap and squish you with 80+ lbs of bull terrier love. Plays with my sisters toy yorkie and cats...great with my old mans horses and livestock..pretty funny really...all considered. But man she loves to hunt small game...

I keep her on the tighest rein due to the current public and political climates...I love the breed/s and protect them with everything I have.

Just a shitty incident that I was internet whining about. Not gonna lie to you Martin...I wish she killed the skunk...Just being honest.

That being said...I appreciate your resonses and I am not here to fight..more like support OUR sport and make friends..

I hope to have a nice ride with ya in the spring...

cheers!
word..
You just wrote everything I was gonna write man.
with the reasent news shit about pitbulls and what people think about them in general, i guess you guys have to be twice as carefull as other dog owners..

-Spiderider-
What your dog does on YOUR property is nobody's business, so if it catches snakes for you, it's not a problem at all, I don't think.
it's just as Pitdogboy said, the pitbull owners have to be twice as vigilant as others because of public opinion and all that..

That said,here's MY pitbull story, you'll get a laugh out of it:

I used to work for United Rentals years back.
I had a delivery of a tow behind compressor and some other stuff to this remote home off Dewdney in Mission one day.

so I pulled up to the gate, honked my horn, I could see the house about .5 km down the gravel road.
There was no intercom, bell or anything so I went through the gate, and started walking down the road.
Within a minute, I see 2 HUGE dogs running down the path right for me.
My heart jumps to my throat, I'm thinking 'this is going to be my bloody death..'
I start backing up to the gate, fumble for the handle behind my back to open it, while the dogs, still zooming down are right upon me in a matter of seconds.
Then...the bigger one JUMPS on my chest,pushing me into the metal gate behind, my body's frozen from panick..

and the son of a bitch starts licking my face!!!

Both dogs turned out to be super sweet playfull and friendly.
That was my frst ever encounter with a pitbulls, and I know what people say about them is bullshit.
If the owner is decent, the dog will be too.

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
doug...so true^ but that juice ismgreat for sunday aftergoon beverages!!!

·
slower than ...
783 Posts
Having the fluffy version of a pit bull, I know this works.
Airedales love picking up little animals; they only fight with bigger creatures.

2 cups warm water
1 cup vinegar
2 tablespoon liquid dish soap
1/4 cup soda

Don't add the soda until you are ready to use it.
Don't get it in your dogs eyes.
Works best if the dog is dry. (probably too late for that)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts