Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Any other litre bike...just not the Gixxer

Votes: 15 25.4%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So you decide to buy the "BIG" gixxer...which Year do you get and why?

Like the title says...you have decided to buy the Gixxer 1000 (New or used). Which model do you decide to get and why?

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Hmm considering you're asking people that have decided to buy a gixer 1000, "what model do you decide to get", that's kind of redundant, isn't it?

The answer is.... gixer 1000 (not for me, just in general).

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry... I meant.. do you get the 2001-02, the 2003-04, the 2005-06...or the new twin exhaust 07

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And sorry to your sales pitch Thrills... I own an 05 blue and white as well....so 2 of them would just be "excess"...not like K5 owners could ever be accused of liking 'excess'.....hahaha.....

·
565 Posts
I was wondering if the new 2007's 3-position switch for 'wet', 'mixed' and 'dry' conditions would be helpful not only for wet roads but as well for our off season riding on cold roads/tires. You know, to help reduce wheelspin.

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering if the new 2007's 3-position switch for 'wet', 'mixed' and 'dry' conditions would be helpful not only for wet roads but as well for our off season riding on cold roads/tires. You know, to help reduce wheelspin.
I think we will have to wait for the reviews......I know that the boat came in for the new 07's...my friend is picking up his new 07 750 today (yup in the rain)..so maybe there will be some new 1000's here as well.

I am sure that the 3 way switch will be somewhat useful.... to reduce wheelspin and all that.....

I have the same thing for my 2000 750 race bike (yosh kit box with the 3 way switch, but I haven't got it together yet, same principle though..and you choose the maps)

·
violation dispute...
42 Posts
2006 gsxr 1000

Either the 05 or 06 gsxr 1000.
Would prefer the 06 gsxr 1000...Just cause i like it.

07 gsxr 750 is hot. Have fun with your new GIXXER.
Can't wait to see it.:devillook

·
violation dispute...
42 Posts
2006 gsxr 1000

Sorry: this is the 06 gsxr 1000.
I'm such a dork.:confused

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What ever fits you the best and what type of riding you mostly do , the k5/k6 have had problems with the clutch and bad welds on the frame around the head stock go to gixxer .com lots of info there , the slipper clutch off the k5/6 will fit into a k3/4 and a k2 i think with a bit of grinding on the inside of the clutch cover for the adj,bolt , if the k5/6 fits you buy one but if your really tall and are'nt that sporty then a k3 , i own one and let me tell you get it set up and you will not need to go any faster , unless your on medication ,all depends on the type of riding , and we all know how long and how fast you can go on the street .saw a really nice k3 in here a month ago lots of stuff on it for a good price , why pay double for a new stock bike .

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I love the k5/6 too, if i did'nt have my k3 i would have one as it fits me better and love the tall first gear and slipper clutch , good to go .

·
Federal Protection
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the new 750 and the old thou

So here's a couple of pics...the "pair" an 05 1000 and an 07 (First off the boat) 750.....

·
565 Posts
Whoa! I'm not usually a fan of black bikes but that '07 750 looks nice. Is the paint as metallic (big flakes) as it looks in those pics?

·
Worktorideandridetowork.
215 Posts
I've got an 03.
Reason for buying, impulse buy.
Note to self : Never test ride anything unless I am prepared to buy it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am some what biased as I own an 03, but with reason to the fact I am 6'5" and the 05/06 doesn't fit me. I am told the 07 has the same basic seating position as the new 750 and that I can ride so next bike will be an 07 for sure.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I'm still partial the the K3's myself.

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
the 05-06 with the titanium can sounds awesome and looks unbelieveable. it's my third gsxr and my favourite

·
Slow
271 Posts
Whoa! I'm not usually a fan of black bikes but that '07 750 looks nice. Is the paint as metallic (big flakes) as it looks in those pics?
I think what you're seeing is the rain drops + minor jpeg compression artifacts. I guess whomever owns this gixxer will probably want to ride in the rain more often because it looks so cool when wet. ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts