BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Awesome story! Saving this one to my bookmarks for ammo against next summer's 'it's my right to ride squid' arguments.

·
myside.yourside.myside
2,095 Posts
good story. I'd like to petition the safety police to also remind us to:

- wear a safety vest
- obey the speed limit at all times
- not eat fast food
- exercise instead of sitting at the computer
- not run with scissors

Cory

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
if you search the forum you can find a link to her myspace account. Interesting.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
leathers will

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
all the gear in the world won't help you at 200k

Then why are there hundreds of pro racers still with us who regularly get off on the track at 200k?

Anyhow, the most physically traumatic accident I've had was at 50kph simply because I wore naught but a t-shirt and shorts for a quick blast to the store and back. Spent the rest of the summer healing a shit load of road rash. Not as much as the girl in the article, but enough to make pretty much everything in my life suck for the next 3 months.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
all the gear in the world won't help you at 200k

it will help the paramedics.... instead of picking you up piece by piece you'll be in 3 pieces maximum :surrender .

Road races dont crash into rocks, cars, curbs, treets, etc etc etc.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
It's seldom the 200 kph slide that gets you. It's the sudden stop from that speed when you hit something solid. Then we turn into jello in a fancy leather wrapper.

·
Urban Squid
991 Posts
I'd personally rarely trust anybody enough to get on the back of their bike, and if I do I warn them not to try any 'cool' joe stuff and just take it easy. If I'm riding my bike, I'm willing to take the squid risk and enjoy myself. Yes, I have had road rash before. To each their own, but I do feel very sorry for that girl and even the guy. His conscience must be hurting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts