BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a courtesy posting for a friend of mine who is looking for someone to join him on his RTW. I met him in Utah and rode with him five days. Cool guy.

////

Hi there! My name is Tolga and I am a filmmaker from Turkey. I am traveling around the world on my adventure motorcycle and I am auditioning for a cameraman (or woman!) to travel with me.

Here is an example of the kind of stuff I am shooting:
https://vimeo.com/105531831

I am looking for someone with good motorcycle ability who is also handy with a camera. You will be asked to shoot video for a reality-style TV series (airing in Turkey) documenting my trip round the world. You will be shooting constantly. You should have at least some experience with videography, or an extensive photography background, as well as a basic tech savviness, willingness to learn and accept direction.

You must know how to ride a motorcycle. This route will be a challenging one, with 65%+ being offroad. You should have at least five years riding experience, preferably with some offroad background. You can take your own motorcycle if you happen to have a suitable, reliable, adventure or dual-sport bike. Otherwise, I do have a spare you can take, a 2005 KTM 640. I also have access to adventure touring gear if you do not have suitable protection.

The days will be long, bad things will occasionally happen, and you will be asked to adapt to changing environment. The pay will not be great, actually it will be quite poor. But you will have food, shelter (sometimes a bed, sometimes a couch, sometimes just a tent … ) and the experience of a lifetime.

The trip you are applying for is for six months down the pacific coast and to the bottom of South America. From there I will sail to Africa, and if things have progressed well, you may be invited to join me.

REQUIRED:
some experience in videography or photography
sense of adventure
good motorcycling ability

NICE TO HAVE:
spanish speaking
writing ability
web design knowledge
social media expertise
mechanical ability
arts-related background
offroad motorcycle experience
hiking / backwoods camping experience

Please reply with your motorcycling background (what bikes you’ve owned, what type of terrain you’ve gone through), extending camping and moto trips you have done, your experience in videography or photography, why you would like to go on a trip like this, how soon you could be ready to leave, and anything else you think I should know.

Interviews will be conducted in Vancouver BC and Seattle WA, but I am open to Skype interviews if you cannot make these locations.

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR RIDING ABILITY !

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would recommend a girl on this forum named Shannon. She loves this kind of stuff (I think).

That looks like the trip of a lifetime, especially if all expenses are paid. Wow.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend a girl on this forum named Shannon. She loves this kind of stuff (I think).

That looks like the trip of a lifetime, especially if all expenses are paid. Wow.
ahah. I am planning on doing a trip like this, but for me, I rather do it solo.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pm me your email, along with a brief outline of the kind of riding / expeditions you've done, and photo/video experience

1 - 9 of 9 Posts