BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
ya, something about the orange engine sealant getting in the oil .... but damn, they're sexy! There's a couple of 07s for sale right now ...

But it looks like the Husky 510 is the leader of the pack, right now... Any appreciable difference between the 07s and the newer ones, besides electric start?

A LOt of the 07 sxv's have had engines grenade.. heard good things about the 08+'s...

I would go with the husky, and I *LOOOOVE* aprilia!!

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
Yessir, I did ... there's also an 08 with an arrow system in North van ... both are dead sexy

did you see that 510 that someone put up for sale today or yesterday?
witht he devil cans?
omfg .. me want!!!!

do me a favour and buy it so i dont do somethign foolish!1 Lmao!!

·
Back in the saddle
1,070 Posts
Are you getting rid of your Speed Trip?

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
This is a discussion forum and not a place to plug your bike for sale. We've got a Bikes For Sale area for that.

A number of posts were deleted since they were posted to plug a bike that is for sale.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
This is a discussion forum and not a place to plug your bike for sale. We've got a Bikes For Sale area for that.

A number of posts were deleted since they were posted to plug a bike that is for sale.
This is a discussion forum and not a mods scolding area.... dammit... doesn't work!

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
Well, since we talk about you all the time Bill I don't see how this would make any sort of difference.... :D

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
So, as I said before, I narrowed my choice down to a Husky 510. Was over at international price checking, and laid my eyes on a Husaberg 570, and daaaamn it's sexy. Even without the dual arrows the Husky has ...
Can't find much practical experience from people on a Berg supermoto FE 570 - anyone here have any? How's it handle on pavement? Does that funky engine actually make it more stable in the air? it's manners compared to the 510?
How much are aftermarket plastics? (I hate ikea colours ... lol)

·
Not wearing pants.
3,387 Posts
Took the plunge and bought an 08 DRZ SM. Where's the cheapest place to get stuff for these? I need a braided front line and some quality sintered pads...

·
Tarded
810 Posts
I do believe Greg at WAR Motorsports will have Quite a few things for your DRZ sliders , pads etc. Give him a shout and he'll help you out as he stocks quite a bit of things Supermoto and a greatguy to deal with.

Welcome to the darkside.

·
Fuh-coffee we will go
3,776 Posts
So I just bought an 09 Dorsoduro that I want to trail ride. Probably 60/40 street to trail. The occasional dirt road is in my future as well....

(KillahK/Snodragon I think you know the bike)

I presently have pilot powers on it, but in all you guyz's experience, what kind of tires should I throw on here once I finish off these tires?

This thread is immortal btw....

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
The Aprillia will never be a great Offroad bike . I would just stick with a good sticky street tire. The most you will ever do is gravel and Street work OK for that . Even the Avons are limited to gravel roads.

·
Fuh-coffee we will go
3,776 Posts
The Aprillia will never be a great Offroad bike . I would just stick with a good sticky street tire. The most you will ever do is gravel and Street work OK for that . Even the Avons are limited to gravel roads.
Thanks Bill,

I came to your shop Saturday the 8th to talk to you about it, but then I quickly realized you were closed due to the long weekend, I forgot all about the long weekend actually.

Thursday prior, I test rode a 2010 KTM530EXC and it was not for me, uncomfortable and when I twisted the wrist, nothing happened (maybe it was screwed?), 2x4 numbass seat and waaaay too tall for me, hated the kickstand even.

Sunday I test rode the Aprilia and it had the same things going right for it, $1000 cheaper too. Great seat, great seat height, looked great, handled well, torquey (above 5-6000 mind you), it could ride comfortably over small obstacles, 180 rear tire as opposed to 160's (its a personal thing). I'm now noticing that it has only 140 km range though....I overlooked that characteristic in my anxiousness. I felt really comfortable with the decision and so, made the purchase.

OK, I went over the thread from Sushigrl (thank you) and wow, everyone loves their own tires. So I couldn't get too much direction out of that thread but thanks nonetheless.

But from what I know about the PR3's, they are actually really good on gravel roads, as well as sticky on the street (I have them on my B-King). We came across some small diameter loose gravel roads and the PR3's would stick/accel/decel/brake pretty good even on a bigger bike, or maybe that was the key. It's 500+ pounds and the Aprilia is 420-ish. I can wrestle both of these bikes pretty good for some reason.

I may have made up my own mind here, I am just very hesitant to believe that the PR3 could ever handle sand or dirt, those sipes are only meant for water.

So the Aprilia, is not a sumo I realize that, but also not an offraod bike, so how can you class it? Would it make it anywhere near an adventure touring bike? Like a strom but low-range distance wise?

Anyhow thanks for the opinion, I will come and visit the shop when you're open.

141 - 160 of 198 Posts