BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So uh... me n my mates were bout to spark up a blunt in my car when suddenly 4 police cruisers roll up on us. They surround my car and ask me for whatever drugs i got. I gave them the blunt i had rolled... they asked if i had more and i said no. I also said i had not smoked anything before that blunt. Assholes dint believe me. So the peace officer got me to do a sobriety test for marijuana! WTF! I went through about 4 or 5 mini-tests and then officer says i was showing the classic signs of cannabis use. They give me a 24-hour prohibition and tow my car away. You would think that 4 police cruisers had some better things to do than roll up on some stoners and give them a sobriety test. Now this mess is goin to cost me:

- time to get down to the station and pick up my license
- $150 to get my car back from Busters
- a 24 hour prohibition added to my driving record (i already have 3! and served a 1 yr suspension already, i dont know what a 4th one will do)

All cause what?! Some power-trippin pigs! My car wasnt even ON when they rolled up on me. Which means i wasnt even driving when they busted me! Their reason was that i was behind the wheel when they got there... I wasn't driving and i dint hurt anyone. Yet they still wanna hassle me.

This is a first for me (weed test). If anything i should have said i had a beer. So then they would give me a blood-alcohol test which in turn would result in a 0.0 blood alcohol level. Which then would most likely result in me driving my car away.

Cops...... I love to hate them. They've never been there when i really need help. So fuck em and fuck the system.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
They have the right to do it, all you have to be is behind the wheel. If you were walking down the street, it's a different story.

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Fuuny, I could have sworn driving while under the influence was illegal. Too bad you weren't outside the car when it happened.

Just like having open booze in a parked car. Pay the man and move on.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
kdawg420 said:
- time to get down to the station and pick up my license
- $150 to get my car back from Busters
- a 24 hour prohibition added to my driving record (i already have 3! and served a 1 yr suspension already, i dont know what a 4th one will do)
So you have 3 - 24 hour prohibitions? I think you gotta quit your bitching and grow up some. Posting here doesn't help you, only make you look that much more foolish. If you have 4 already I'm glad your off the road.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
You were in a car ready to smoke up a joint. It doesnt really matter that the car wasnt on, who knows what you could have done after getting a buzz? Better safe then sorry. The problem isnt with "power tripping pigs" but rather people having immidiate access to a vehicle and getting stoned.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
So you were about to hotbox your car with your friend, then just get out and walk somewhere? You were gonna drive away right after sparking it and you know it.
I mean, I dont like police, and I can understand bitching about certain laws in certain situations.. but you can't bitch about getting caught driving(or about to drive) under the influence.
Of course the cop is gonna tow your car... if he lets you go, then finds out later that you ran some kid over, thats gonna be on his concience(sp?).

Ryan

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
The man's just doing his job. Upholding the general public's safety. Do the crime do the time. If you need anymore cliches just pm me.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Buddy, after the 3rd one. I learned da lesson. And those were for drinking. I dont drink and drive anymore period. My best friend died in a drinking driving accident. I get baked and drive but I got this 4th prohibition for drugs.. drugs that i had not even smoked yet. So i wasnt even high. But for some reason the cops figure i was high because of the results from their lil test. Im bitchin cause pigs think they can just pull anyone over and say they are high usin their lil cop tricks. Abuse of power anyone?

"The problem isnt with "power tripping pigs" but rather people having immidiate access to a vehicle and getting stoned."
- yeah, i wasnt high.. and i wasn't driving. so all they shoulda done was take the weed and leave.

Cops aren't prioritizing their duties... Instead of busting some crack dealers they decide to give an innocent guy a hard time. The whole process took two hours. Easy night for the pigs huh?

Anyway, whats done is done. And i will be back on the road anyway, flowrider. I just wanted to spark some conversation on the topic of these sobriety tests and the people who administer them. Does walking heel-to-toe in a str8 line and counting to 30 w/ your head tilted back really measure your level of impairment? Some people just dont have good balance and they wouldn't be able to walk heel-to-toe if their life depended on it. Drugs affect every1 differently: not everyone gets bloodshot eyes when they toke and not everyone falls into an uncontrollable laughter after blazing...Not everyone drives wrecklessly after smokin a doob. The sobriety tests have so many variables that are left up to the person administering it that in the end, you're fucked anyway!

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
you shoulda put down the chips during the test...

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
kdawg420 said:
Buddy, after the 3rd one. I learned da lesson. And those were for drinking. I dont drink and drive anymore period. My best friend died in a drinking driving accident. I get baked and drive but I got this 4th prohibition for drugs.. drugs that i had not even smoked yet. So i wasnt even high. But for some reason the cops figure i was high because of the results from their lil test. Im bitchin cause pigs think they can just pull anyone over and say they are high usin their lil cop tricks. Abuse of power anyone?

"The problem isnt with "power tripping pigs" but rather people having immidiate access to a vehicle and getting stoned."
- yeah, i wasnt high.. and i wasn't driving. so all they shoulda done was take the weed and leave.

Cops aren't prioritizing their duties... Instead of busting some crack dealers they decide to give an innocent guy a hard time. The whole process took two hours. Easy night for the pigs huh?

Anyway, whats done is done. And i will be back on the road anyway, flowrider. I just wanted to spark some conversation on the topic of these sobriety tests and the people who administer them. Does walking heel-to-toe in a str8 line and counting to 30 w/ your head tilted back really measure your level of impairment? Some people just dont have good balance and they wouldn't be able to walk heel-to-toe if their life depended on it. Drugs affect every1 differently: not everyone gets bloodshot eyes when they toke and not everyone falls into an uncontrollable laughter after blazing...Not everyone drives wrecklessly after smokin a doob. The sobriety tests have so many variables that are left up to the person administering it that in the end, you're fucked anyway!
So you get stoned and drive. That's not any better. It may not be against the law but damn you're still impaired whether you think so or not. I don't give a shit if you smoke but don't fricken endanger anyone else. The fact is you are reckless and your friend dying in an impaired accident whether it was his fault or not should have been a learning experience. You're pissed? Many of us are glad. Like everyone in this thread has said, it's not their fault it's yours. Deal with it. And yes the police can pull anyone over if they suspect them of something.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
It took you 3 probation and a death of a friend to learn that drinking and driving is bad?

I just hope the next time you are driving high it's going to a be a lamp post instead of a minivan full of kids. You already showed you have no respect for anyone else on the road. I know i'm being blunt, but that's what everyone else who read your comment most likely feel like.

EDIT:
BTW, with 3 probations they probably already had your plate flaged in their database as a high risk for impaired driving. Why the hell didnt they just take your license away for the first DUI?

·
Bird Tamer
351 Posts
Ok here is the problem.....

All the excuses I am reading from this guy are the same excuses that I heard from people when the police started cracking down on drinking and driving in the 70s and 80s. The excuses where wrong then and they are still wrong now.

Being impaired (by booze or drugs) and in the possession of a vehicle is wrong.
I mean come on; of course you were going to drive after you finished the blunt. Impaired is impaired.

I can't begin to tell you how many drivers I see daily, smoking a joint going to or coming from work. Now if they were having a beer would everyone not get on the phone and report the drinking driver.

I am not even attempting to say pot is better or worse than drinking, but put it in the right place. Not in the system of anyone operating a machine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
kdawg420 said:
Buddy, after the 3rd one. I learned da lesson. And those were for drinking. I dont drink and drive anymore period. My best friend died in a drinking driving accident.
Maybe you need some friends to die at the hands of some stoned driver for you to get the idea.

You shouldnt be driving, and its disgusting to think people like you are still allowed on the road.

·
1,768 Posts
kdawg420 said:
Buddy, after the 3rd one. I learned da lesson. And those were for drinking.
Most people have enough sense not to drink and drive in the first place and they would also learn a lesson after the first time. But THREE?!? I think they should be taking away licences for a lot longer than they do currently.

kdawg420 said:
Cops aren't prioritizing their duties... Instead of busting some crack dealers they decide to give an innocent guy a hard time.
If people stop buying drugs because they're illegal, then there's no reason to have dealers, right? I guess you were just at the wrong place and the wrong time and got caught. Hopefully you've learned something new this time...

;D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts