BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any softball players here?

I'm in a slo-pitch league again this year and wanted to know what's a good bat? I've tried some other hardcore player's bat and, WOW the ball just jumps off the bat like crazy!

I know there's the Miken bats, but i'm really into paying $400 and upwards for a bat.

Maybe something $50-100

Also, are there any batting cages in vancouver that i can go to get some practice?

·
want new bike.
101 Posts
you wont find a good quality bat for 50-100 bucks. save some doe and spend 250 on a synergy 2 extended bat. they are well worth the money trust me.

·
Fuelled by rice
4,463 Posts
check to see if you league has a bat rule for restricted bats. Most leagues go with the spn rules which do not allow composite bats. A decent bat will run you around $150-300. Check for last years models and you might get a deal. Depends on what you are looking for in a bat. I've got an end loaded bat and equal weight bat with the Eastons.
What league do you play in?

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
just bring your pwn beer

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
I've been playing ball most of my life and have used several diff types but I always reach for an Easton for some reason. Before you buy a bat you should figure out your swing and find out what weight of bat you'd be comfortable with. Then check the local sports stores or trade in/up stores to see whats available in your price range. Just because a bat is "super this" or "super that" wont help you hit the ball any farther if it's too heavy or too light or too long/short for you to time your swing properly.

PS, test drive other players bats to see what works best/better for you. AND DO NOT USE YOUR NEW BAT IN THE BATTING CAGE! those cage balls are way harder then a normal softball :D no point throwing money away.

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips guys.

I was going to find a cheap bat to work on my swing in a cage... but yet to find one near vancouver.

I play in an insurance league, where there are no rules so if anyone's got an illegal bat, it's legal in my league! Don't even know if the league has a name

I just loved the way the ball 'pop' off the nice bats rather than a clunk of a plain aluminum bat. With those nice bats, swinging for a base hit nearly gets me a home run. They are cool bats

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
joyryd68 said:
Has anyone on here every planned a ball game? I'm sure alot play and it might be fun.
someone should...

BCSB baseball... I'd be into it. :thumbup

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have an Easton synergy, I play fastpitch though. There are some synergies for slow pitch as well... i think they were red.. mines blue... it was 350... awesome bat ive hit 50+ homeruns with it. find your swing, have a good composite bat and BAM homerun :D. Only problem with composite bats is that they dont work well in the cold and u can damage the bat. I usually start off the season using an aliminum bat and when it gets warmer, throw ur composite bat in the grass while youre warming up and it will be nice and hot for the game.

·
license to chill
2,869 Posts
someone should...

BCSB baseball... I'd be into it. :thumbup
For sure. I know the parks in Vancouver but there's a lot of competition for the few decent unpermitted fields. Since all the posters in this thread are further out (sry,lgly,abby,mission) where there's space, somone should be able to find an excellent field (maybe even on a weekend?).

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
For sure. I know the parks in Vancouver but there's a lot of competition for the few decent unpermitted fields. Since all the posters in this thread are further out (sry,lgly,abby,mission) where there's space, somone should be able to find an excellent field (maybe even on a weekend?).
It's a good idea but the only problem is all the baseball playing takes place during peak riding season. We would have a game booked and half the people would probably bail due to great riding conditions! :laughing

Through my work, we have a baseball team. The dates they play are always on perfect riding days. So I just don't play...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts