BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From one of the greatest writers of all time [insert cuckoo clock sound], an interesting article on a Ducati 900 Campione del Mundo Desmodue Supersport:

http://proitalia.com/reviews/hst.html

"Ho, ho. Thank God for these flashbacks. The brain is such a wonderful instrument (until God sinks his teeth into it). Some people hear Tiny Tim singing when they go under, and some others hear the song of the Sausage Creature."

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i still have that article in a copy of CycoWorld from about 199something. too bad the quacko put a 45 to his head. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was shear genius!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have that article and the bike to go with it.
Funny thing is when I'm about to do something on the bike that'll make your ass pucker, I always remember that story.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i loved the side note from the editor who lent him the bike to scoot around on and how he regreted doing it about 10 seconds after Hunter pulled out of his driveway!!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Wicked article. The imagery is spectacular.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
the artistic geniuses always blow their brains out.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
Great read. Thanks. New stolen signature.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Pretty much the greatest thing ever written about motorcycles. And as a previous owner of a few 900 and 750SS Ducatis, I couldn't agree more.

Dig my new sig.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
Any sentence can be made into a great quote:

"We shit on the chests of the Weird...."

·
Registered
260 Posts
you guys should read "Curse of Lono"
another Hunter S. buddy-drug trip where they go to Hawaii and pose as sports journalists covering a marathon.
no bikes... but a good read nevertheless (imho).

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
too bad the quacko put a 45 to his head.
He put a gun to his head because he was dying a miserable death. At that point he couldn't write very well. The alcohol had finally caught up to him. Saw him on Tim Russert just under a year before he killed himself. It was quite pathetic. He could hardly string a sentence together.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
He put a gun to his head because he was dying a miserable death. At that point he couldn't write very well. The alcohol had finally caught up to him. Saw him on Tim Russert just under a year before he killed himself. It was quite pathetic. He could hardly string a sentence together.
r u sure it wasn't drugs?? drugs r bad mkaaaaaay!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts