BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a "wireless" Home Theatre system. I am familiar with the components of this system and the wiring, but would like to know if anyone has personal experience with it's performance. Thanks.

·
Bohica
2,801 Posts
got this system a few months ago and it works great! The infra red to the rears works well and I've never had a problem with it. There's still a lot of wires just none to go from the reciever to the rear speakers.

prices have definetly come way down on this unit as well.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yes, I also bought this around x-mas. after all the rebates and sales it ended up being $399.00 Now that was a "friendly" price. I think it is a good unit.

D

·
0 Posts
did sony reverse their policy of not playing burnt discs yet?

i have an older sony home theater system and it won't play anything burnt. no dvds, vcds, or cds. no mp3 support, but mp3 was just coming out when i got mine.

·
Bohica
2,801 Posts
doug said:
did sony reverse their policy of not playing burnt discs yet?

i have an older sony home theater system and it won't play anything burnt. no dvds, vcds, or cds. no mp3 support, but mp3 was just coming out when i got mine.
thats a good point and a pain in the arse problem if you can't play your discs. i've only played one burnt disc so far and it worked great, but i'll try a few others and see how they go.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
The first gen PS2s were pretty sticky about burnt discs. I found they would work once in a while.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm aware of the need to supply power to the rear amp unit and the wires from the infra-red receiver to the amp and between the speakers. The main advantage, and the reason that I want this system, is that I will not have to run speaker wires from the front to back, trying to hide them along the baseboards of my brand new place. Thanks for the replies, I have read that this system is decent for movies and a little weaker for music, but I mostly want it for TV and movies anyways. Also, is the DVD player an up-converting one? Was wondering because it's HDMI compatible, and asked a couple of sales people, one said no and the other said yes.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
if u guys want one, i have a brand new one to sell.... it's brand new never opened.

i'll work out a deal for you

pm me ... if youwant....

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check your PM's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts