BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Highway Through Hell and Canada's Worst Driver are but two of my many guilty pleasures.

Have you seen the audition tapes of the drivers that weren't bad enough to get a seat? Makes me want to hide in my basement but I'm still worried one of them will drive into my house.

Then Highway Through "Hell" the guy drives into a ditch with his dump truck; gets towed out and then 2 minutes later drives into the ditch again!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Man that brings back some bad memories.

Years ago a friend of mine did that with a snowmobile ramp not secured down on a snowmobile deck. We were way out in the mountains loading up at the end of the day. He took a couple victory laps around the parking area with no helmet and hit that ramp. It Popped up, cantilevered against the snowmobile/truck and broke his nose, a cheekbone and punched two deep holes in his face from the bolts that were on it as traction cleats. Also knocked him unconscious for a short bit, we all thought he was dead. Let me tell you. That left a lasting impression on everyone there that day. It goes without saying but secure those ramps! *You ever want to meet someone nervous about loading on ramps, well that would be me.*

And who knows if he's just been going 10kph slower that day everything might've been aok. *

·
Registered
532 Posts
If only they'd do that on the rest of the roads, so we don't get three trucks abreast going up Knight. *
That's what road rage is for. Shrek philosophy is the secret to living a happy fulfilled life with no baggage or pent up 'feelings'. 'Better out than in'.*

I laugh at people who say not to get upset about other/bad drivers. *Really? *So people blundering along cluelessly endangering, impeding, or otherwise inconveniencing me shouldn't make me angry? *So just what exactly should bother me? *Nothing? *Pfffft, not in my nature. Morons bother me equally behind the wheel as they do in person.**

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
that comes because of life experiences not necessarily years as a LEO
Who you calling old?

I'd like to see them all limited to 80 km/hr and the right lane at all times.

It goes without saying but secure those ramps! *You ever want to meet someone nervous about loading on ramps, well that would be me.*
I've always used some tie downs to secure the ramps. Takes 2 minutes and is waaaaay easier than crawling out from underneath a smashed motorcycle!

That's what road rage is for. Shrek philosophy is the secret to living a happy fulfilled life with no baggage or pent up 'feelings'. 'Better out than in'.*
I've had superiors attempt to give direction to me after they have reviewed in-car footage when someone complained I was driving aggressively ....... as I was running Code 3 thru heavy traffic and the complainant was too dense to figure out that they should move out of my way. My phrases used in the car were "colorful" and easily heard over the microphone. I explained that as long as I was in the car by myself, my language would remain the same. Better that than keep it bottled up and then unload on the person I'm on my way to see. So Shrek has a point ...... better out than in! I'll keep that reference in mind.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
i cannot possibly count the times a 5, 10 tonne and big rigs cuts somebody off in the fast lane just so he
can leap-frog another slow arse truck.. stupid. but to only keep 'em off the left lane in one stretch of the
Coq. and in the middle of winter? c'mon whats it gonna take? another decade b4 they smarten up elsewhere?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Left lane means nothing to anyone in my hood anymore it seems. 80-90kmphr with like a couple tiny stretches of 100k here and there. So when they made it law/fine that slower traffic keep right here recently they also made it to apply only on 100k plus sections of road from what I understand. So now every clueless asshole around feels justified to cruise along at 80 or sometimes not even in the left lane holding everyone up on the local double lanes.*

·
Registered
532 Posts
*I've had superiors attempt to give direction to me after they have reviewed in-car footage when someone complained I was driving aggressively ....... as I was running Code 3 thru heavy traffic and the complainant was too dense to figure out that they should move out of my way. My phrases used in the car were "colorful" and easily heard over the microphone. I explained that as long as I was in the car by myself, my language would remain the same. Better that than keep it bottled up and then unload on the person I'm on my way to see. So Shrek has a point ...... better out than in! I'll keep that reference in mind.
It's goofy to me that people think it's not normal to get angry when people piss you off? *I've just never been able to connect the dots on that line of thinking.*

·
lover of twins
6,068 Posts
Silly boy. I've got a trailer.

ummm yeah, hence the part about being smart enough not to do that.

i always knew you were woke enough to know that trailers are lit.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts