BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you ever have a Speed Triple? I came close a decade ago, but bought my Honda instead (ultra-reliable; easily serviced - not that it needs much). Always wondered, tho. I had a hoot on an long test ride! FUN! Cool combination of comfort, power and speed, naked looks, a certain 'crudeness'... Or maybe even brutality (altho KTM kinda owns that space).

So whaddya think of the new guy?

My only comment is that I prefer the round headlamp to the previous 'paired lozenges'... but that - especially in the first photo - it its me that another shape would fit way better to the lines of the awesome looking mini-fairing and screen. But it is what it is... Triumph have made their decisions...

·
Registered
8,322 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a sweet looking bike! If I were shopping for a new bike, this would be in the top 3. Can’t wait to see one at the bike sho ……. never mind.

Reminds me of this kit for the CB1000. I thought about building one of these kits but the Cost Benefit Analysis didn’t lean far enough into the fun zone for me.
Interesting fairing. Myself, I'm not turned on by the old style, sweeping curve, round headlamp, kinda thing. Nor by the MT-10 insectoid, or Kawi scattergun, etc. Yah, you don't to look at them while you're riding them, but there's a gene in all of us that goes " Look At Me" when we pass people on our bikes, and we don't want them to go "Yeccchhh!"

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I rented a 1050 Speed Triple 6 yrs ago on the Big Island Hawaii, loved the bike for a day ride.

Really like the new one. Question though, is this new big engine adopting Triumph's move to T-plane crankshaft that the Tiger is now using? Dramatically different exhaust note compared to the traditional 120 degree crank timing.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
That “yech” styling was one reason why I sold my ZX14.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where the frame flares aligns with my knees, and it makes for a very uncomfortable sitting/riding position.

I have exactly that issue with the retro CB1100. My knees rest against the heads. Wouldn't want to ride like that for long... I'm guessing the air-cooled lump must be a few inches wider than the later water-jacketed line fours that Honda made... such as the one in my CB1000R. Otherwise, gorgeous. How can you not fall for a nearly-full-wrap chrome front fender!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.