BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys think of this store? My friend went there the other day and said it was kinda sketchy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know a bit about them all bikes are icbc write offs i think,igot a wrecked sv off them last year alot of work,they seam tobe put back together well though.its in newest right?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. the place is in New West. I was searching on the interent and I found this on their site..

99 Yamaha R6
12500 km.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so there is a good chance that this R6 was a write off?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya probably,call them,they have to dislose that before selling it,only thing that worries me is the odometer original and correct?do some research,good luck

·
Registered
465 Posts
I work a few blocks away from there =) They have alot of nice cars. I think I saw like 3-4 NSX's parked outside. Looks kinda shady. I called them once about 2 Yamaha R6's last year. Both were reblt titles? write off the same thing? Anyways, they didn't really want to lower their price so I didn't bother test riding.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm. I'll phone them and get some info about the bike

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to check that bike out, it had trouble starting and the engine kept dying.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah I test rode that bike before.. running wise its not bad.. but yeah the start up..is really bad... kept on duying... the seat is loose.. what else.. has a few scrapes... they said it was never dumped... or been involved in a accident... but when they started it up they revved the piss outta it... who knows... :confused

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when I looked at the scratches I asked if it had been dropped and they said 'yeah' so i dunno

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Just from your guys' comments this place seems really shady...I would just stay away. On a bike you've only got two wheels...and you gotta make sure that they're at least straight, I wouldn't trust this place to even do that. ;) I bought a GSX-R in that sort of shape, and when I took it in for service at NS Suzuki, Ben made me sell it. He said he didn't want to see it back at his dealership..."Sell it to someone in Surrey, so we never have to see it again." That 'zook looked just cherry though.

·
Registered
844 Posts
As shady as the place may seem with all the east indians running around/wrecked cars etc.... They are pretty good to deal with, and seem pretty honest, ive dealt with them for probly the last 2 years and buy between 1 and 3 and sometimes more ,cars/bikes a month from them. Just if you are looking at something there have a real good look at it, and esp if its a bike maybe get it inspected by your own mechanic. They have alot of cool stuff around there but alot of it also sits around forever sometimes so might need a good runnin'. If you go there talk to Sham, tell him Brad sent you, he might hook you up a bit better he seems to like me :)

Brad
97VFR 750

·
Registered
872 Posts
turbosonoma said:
As shady as the place may seem with all the east indians running around/wrecked cars etc.... They are pretty good to deal with, and seem pretty honest, ive dealt with them for probly the last 2 years and buy between 1 and 3 and sometimes more ,cars/bikes a month from them. Just if you are looking at something there have a real good look at it, and esp if its a bike maybe get it inspected by your own mechanic. They have alot of cool stuff around there but alot of it also sits around forever sometimes so might need a good runnin'. If you go there talk to Sham, tell him Brad sent you, he might hook you up a bit better he seems to like me :)

Brad
97VFR 750
I second that. I bought my racecar from speedline.

·
Registered
516 Posts
"Speedline Specials"

From what I know... I would not recomend them UNLESS you don't care what happenned to it and where the so called "new" parts came from.... If you do.... don't even bother...

That's all I'll say.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: "Speedline Specials"

I didn't want to say anything at first .. but I also heard how they seem to ALWAYS get the parts they need and still run a profit. NSX trannies don't come cheap unless you have CONNECTIONS. The cars/bikes themselves are probably okay as long as you get a third party garage to check them out =) I don't care where it comes from too. Just make sure the PO can't take it away from you later.

~AP~ said:
From what I know... I would not recomend them UNLESS you don't care what happenned to it and where the so called "new" parts came from.... If you do.... don't even bother...

That's all I'll say.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I guess it seems to sound okay if you know what you're doing, and you know what you're looking for. But Travis, since this is going to be your first bike, and you're probably not that experienced with how a motorcycle should feel and be mechanically...I would probably go to one of your other options. Buy used from a reputable motorcycle dealership, or buy private, but make sure you get it checked over by a mechanic.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts