BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Spences Bridge refuel stop?

995 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CoolDaddyGroove 
#1 ·
For those of you who refuel at the PetroCanada in Spences Bridge, start making other plans. The gas station is closed and being decommissioned. :surrender

#2 ·
:happysq

On the bright side, soon there'll be a WAL-MART at Spences Bride. You'll be out of gas ...but now you'll have something to do while waiting for BCAA or help from strangers.

:thewave

#5 ·
I just filled up there two weeks ago.

That was a great stop but I noticed that it's been going more and more downhill the last few years. Guess it's in one of those spots where it's just the right time for a bike to stop but cars can easily pass by and hit the next town. And there's not enough bikes with large enough tanks to keep a station running.....

Hedley on #3 is like that for me. I never stop there.

#7 ·
I lost my keys at that very same gas station. And I didn't even stop in for fuel, just a bathroom break on the way back from Prince George. I put my tank bag on the top of the toilet tank, and the keys on top of that. When I flushed it, I grabbed the bag and the keys fell right in.

It cost me $180 for a locksmith to come in from Merrit. I managed to hotwire the thing but the fuel pump wouldn't run without the key, so I drained the battery as well. The attendants were very patient with me as this whole ordeal lasted 6 hours from start to finish.

#9 ·
Thanks Pat. Jess & I noticed it was closed when we rode by there last week. Thankfully there's Boston Bar just down the road not too far... if you fill up in Merritt it should be no problem to go either north or south on #1 when you hit Spences Bridge.

#10 ·
I was on the route today, aboard Flight No. ZX6R.

I filled up in Hope, and got past Princeton and on to Merritt on the same tank (225 km). But not without judicious use of throttle after the fuel light came on, and some very tense moments. Also, it was cold with somewhat sketchy road conditions so I was taking it easy all day. On a warm summer day when the throttle hand is a little less restrained, I wouldn't recommend Hope-Princeton-Merritt on one tank for a 600 sportbike - I would have run out of gas for sure.

The Merritt tank lasted easily through Lytton, all the way up to Lillooett.

This was my last long one for the season, it's getting too cold and I'm too cheap to replace the newspaper with a heated vest. Hope-Princeton especially ... brrr .... :surrender

#12 ·
This was my last long one for the season, it's getting too cold and I'm too cheap to replace the newspaper with a heated vest...
Steve, I've heard you called many things, but cheap wasn't one of them! But I'm sure I can rally the troops to chip in for a vest for you. Every time you fire it up, you'll ask yourself why you ever rode without one (in cold weather, that is). Last long ride, eh? Let me know if you're planning a shorter one, like 600 km.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.