BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone whos intrested in Splitting the costs ( Trailer and Fuel ) to scoot into Calgary and buy a bike ? save 1000 - 2000 off the bike prices here...or maybe more depending on the bike you choose...

Example--Theres a 2005 R6 2600 KMS with 3 chipped Keys for 8000 bucks ..guys buying a house wants it gone...many other good deals

I figure fuel and trailer would be a total 450 bucks ...between 2 persons ..thats not bad to save some cash ...theres an inspection fee once it get into Communist country ..Oppps I mean BC ....

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
turbosonoma said:
shipping it would be ALOT more economical, IMO, and it would save the wasted day of going there and back....
Yes economical but for 8 G's, I am sure that most people would want to go and take a physical look at the bike.
My :2cents

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont forget, you also have to pay PST when you register it here as well as the out of province inspection. On 8000 you will pay 1120 bucks of pst plus a 100 bucks for the OOP inspection. Not quite worth saving the 1000 bucks on the purchase price when you factor in the travel expences and/or shipping IMO

Scott

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
And 7% of 8000 is 560, not 1120.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
There is no Out Of Province Inspection that has to be completed on bikes, the ICBC Agent just has to come out and verify the VIN.

As for picking a bike up, just fly Westjet, get there in an hour, but it, and ride it back. Make sure you sort out your insurnace before though. Not much of an issue though.

PM me if you want to know how the insurance works. I bought a used bike in Calgary last September and rode it back. I road out there too.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
As for the GST, you will only pay that if you buy a used bike from a dealer.

If you buy a used bike from a private citizen, you don't have to pay GST. I think. Check with ICBC Agent on that as well.

You pay PST no matter what.

Edit: change PST/GST wording errors.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Bora20 said:
As for the PST, you will only pay that if you buy a used bike from a dealer.

If you buy a used bike from a private citizen, you don't have to pay it. I think. Check with ICBC Agent on that as well.
err, wouldn't you pay the pst when you register it, like you do if you buy privately here? Isn't it the GST that you pay if you buy from a dealer Vs private.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
silverD said:
err, wouldn't you pay the pst when you register it, like you do if you buy privately here? Isn't it the GST that you pay if you buy from a dealer Vs private.
Yes, you are right. I fixed my original post.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
hehe, sorry guys, not trying to be picky, just bored.

·
Registered
708 Posts
And the PST is only paid on the declared value. Does anyone actually pay the PST for the full amount when purchasing privately? :devillook

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Exactly ..

Talon said:
And the PST is only paid on the declared value. Does anyone actually pay the PST for the full amount when purchasing privately? :devillook

Im sure the bill of sale can lowered just a bit !! :eek its cheaper no matter how you look at it ...Im buying private ....so no GST ...so why is everyone blowing steam about tax ? you pay tax everywhere ?? big deal pay PST on 4000 bucks ? plus couple hun in fuel ..2 drivers ..be there and back in no time ..If I can ride a bike for 14 hours on a sunday ...Im sure I can handle it in a comfy car ....

As far as shipping it ..? Wouldnt you want to see the bike before you buy it ? I mean yeah thats a great way to shop to buy a key chain off Ebay ..but not a sportbike !!! I want to ride it first ...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shovelhead said:
I have a trailer for rent.
All aluminium, very light.

Uhaul ...enclosed trailer ...$ 45 bucks one way ...can you beat that ? :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
nd the PST is only paid on the declared value. Does anyone actually pay the PST for the full amount when purchasing privately?
wrongo. The PST is paid on the actual price paid, not the declared value.
Some people do pay the PST for the full amount.

·
Registered
232 Posts
michael said:
wrongo. The PST is paid on the actual price paid, not the declared value.
Some people do pay the PST for the full amount.
Actual price paid = Whatever you tell your autoplan broker. I have never paid 100% of the pst on a used vehicle. Sometimes 50%, sometimes 5%.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No Taxes on Used bikes/Cars in Alberta. When you buy it privately. However you probably have to pay taxes in BC.

Anyone know if i move back with my own bike i still have to Pay GST to register it in BC?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts