BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a website that has comparison information on sport touring tires? (My Katana needs new rubber.) If so, please post up. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the Diablo Stradas on the VFR and I LOVE THEM!!! The metezeler Z6 is the same tire (same factory, same assembly line, same rubber compound, just a different die for the tread pattern) so just get whichever is cheaper.

The Stradas completely transformed the bike!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I posted a link to a pdf with a very comprehensive tire review last summer. Do a search for it. I'll see if I can find it too. . .

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
gord0001a said:
I've got the Diablo Stradas on the VFR and I LOVE THEM!!! The metezeler Z6 is the same tire (same factory, same assembly line, same rubber compound, just a different die for the tread pattern) so just get whichever is cheaper.

The Stradas completely transformed the bike!
I've got regular Daiblos on my VFR and they are fabulous. Bike handles much better, has tons of grip and tracks beautifully through corners, and they heat up quickly and are good in wet or dry and seem to be wearing very well. My bike came with D208's which were OK, but nowhere near the Daiblos. I made a mistake and put on a set D220's (Dunlop's sport touring tire) and they wore very well but had NO GRIP when pushed hard.... felt I was hitting tar snakes (where there were none) when pushed hard - not very confidence-inspiring! Luv the Diablos.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
Metzeler Z6 have performed well at Boundary Bay! But that's probably more than you're gonna ask the 'tuna to do. :evilgrin

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
gordopolis said:
Metzeler Z6 have performed well at Boundary Bay! But that's probably more than you're gonna ask the 'tuna to do. :evilgrin
... until you round a blind corner and find a herd of elk sauntering across the road. Then it's STOPPIE TIME! ! ! ! !

If the Z6's have held up well at BB then that's good enough for me. Those are the Roadtecs which are supposed to offer up a decent enough lifespan.

Hey Gord, care to comment on the feel of the tires compared to the serious sporty stuff?

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
TeeTee said:
Hey Gord, care to comment on the feel of the tires compared to the serious sporty stuff?
Gosh, I dunno... feels like that was so long ago! And hey, I just ride'em. I don't honestly put much thought into how they feel... which is perhaps to say they felt very similar?

What I *can* say is that going from Metzeler M1 (great supersport tire) to the Z6 (great sport touring, with emphasis on "sport") I felt I had to go a little gingerly because the Z6 was NOT an all-out sport tire. But I never encountered any problems except perhaps overcooking the tires at Boundary Bay :evilgrin No slips, hard on the brakes and the gas, never a problem. I'm happy with the grip, and while they are still early in their life it appears that they may last quite a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts