BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there are only about 8 people left here, and half of them fast high milers, I felt this a good place to ask.

I picked up an R1250RS in May. I burned through the stock rubber and then two sets of S22’s over 13,000 km. I absolutely loved the 22’s, I was able to ride the hefty BMW edge to edge and leave ******* on corner exits with any slippage handily taken care of by the traction control.

However they just don’t last long enough for me. The first set stretched to 5,200 km. As summer moved on and I became more comfortable on it, the second set died at 4,100 km. Both front and rear are well down into the wear bars. But for anyone wanting a fantastic tire, these fit the bill. According to the on-board data, they handled a loaded bike handily at left/right lean angles above 45 deg without any drama.

I haven’t bought any sport touring rubber since some Evo T31’s for my Blackbird so I am out of the loop for the latest/greatest. Living out in the Kootenay’s, I’ll regularly do 700 km day loops in BC, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Alberta. Those encompass the best twisty roads in the province and longer stretches like Hwy 3 where the lean angles are minimal.

Sooooooo ……. tell me your experiences with the latest rubber. Cuz at this point I’m just aiming toward the latest Michelin Road 6’s.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
you are pointed in exactly the right direction. not cheap, but excellent is every regard. I've found them enjoyably more 'neutral' than 'sharper' profiled sport tires too. I can't speak to life, but I got 10,000 kms out of a set of Road 5s a couple years back.

Reactions: Sikorsky

·
backslider
11,380 Posts
10k km's out of Road 5's maybe, but the S-22's are closer in kind to the Michelin Power 5 or RS's ... which tires are intended for hyper-sport sport-bikes. The Road 5's are Michelin's sport-touring model, and would almost certainly provide Sikorsky with the grip and lean angle capabilities he wants/needs ... without sacrificing some more reasonable longevity (I'd wager they'd give close to double that of the S-22's).
Being on a super-sport, and having used only the sport-bike line of rubber, I cannot personally attest to this, but upon reading all the on-line rider feed-back and user reviews ... this would seem to hold true.
ps: no idea what Bridgestone's sport-touring iteration is called.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You shat disturber! How about motor oil and chainlube.

All joking aside, I've used PP3, battlax T30, and roadsmart3. I really like a q3 on the front and a roadsmart on the rear. All great tires. Recent years Dunlops have been best value from my local tire guy.

·
lover of twins
6,186 Posts
Don't have any advice to offer over what's been said already, just wanted to drop in and say hi.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
10k km's out of Road 5's maybe, but the S-22's are closer in kind to the Michelin Power 5 or RS's ... which tires are intended for hyper-sport sport-bikes. The Road 5's are Michelin's sport-touring model, and would almost certainly provide Sikorsky with the grip and lean angle capabilities he wants/needs ... without sacrificing some more reasonable longevity (I'd wager they'd give close to double that of the S-22's).
Being on a super-sport, and having used only the sport-bike line of rubber, I cannot personally attest to this, but upon reading all the on-line rider feed-back and user reviews ... this would seem to hold true.
ps: no idea what Bridgestone's sport-touring iteration is called.
K-Rod, all true. I ran Pilot Power 3s a couple times and loved those too. Got about 6k out of one set, 8k out of another. Never tried more modern iterations...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts