BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
no...just like during christmas or summer break. do 50 or posted limit...

but remember doesnt apply to playground/park zone

·
I Came,I Saw,I Conquered
587 Posts
No I believe it is not in effect. All though you should watch out in some areas that are school/playzones... I've seen it in the past where the city will actually change the school zone signs to park zone signs for spring break and summer vacation.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

R

·
0 Posts
use posted limits. if you're by a school where there's a jungle gym, go 30. they'll say that kids could be on there and that = same danger with school in session.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ratzilla said:
use posted limits. if you're by a school where there's a jungle gym, go 30. they'll say that kids could be on there and that = same danger with school in session.
DO THE LIMIT!! POSTED SIGN.
done

if u go too slow, u get a point taken off too

S

·
0 Posts
Just go 30? Does that extra 5 seconds it takes to get through a zone mean that much?

·
Registered
487 Posts
StagnantWaterPo said:
Just go 30? Does that extra 5 seconds it takes to get through a zone mean that much?
no dont do 30 unless it says so. u will loose marks, i almost failed b/c of going too slow, but good thing the rest of my test was flawless.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
School zone speed limits are only in effect on school days.
Spring break = no school = normal speed limit apply

·
Registered
969 Posts
weitaro said:
as title says..
If this is for your road test, just ask before you go out. I did. Turns out if school's out, limit is as it was before you reached the school zone area. Playgrounds still in effect. If this is a repeat of what someone else already said... too bad, I'm too lazy to read all the posts. :p Prolly will now tho :D.

CJ

EDIT: My buddy's test is tomorrow too. GL on yer test! Hope the weather stays dry for ya!

·
Registered
442 Posts
beaterdx said:
no dont do 30 unless it says so. u will loose marks, i almost failed b/c of going too slow, but good thing the rest of my test was flawless.
But the posted limit of 50km is the Maximum, so what is the Minimim before you"ll get points deducted? :surrender

·
Registered
446 Posts
like what's already said, in a school zone that has a posted limit of 30km/h, it's only good when school is in session between 9-5pm I think. If you go 30 km/h when there's no school you'd get dinged for it. I was asked why I was going so slow going through a school zone, when schools out... so, don't go too much over 50 km/h but definitely faster than 30 km/h in a school zone.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
In reality, there is no right answer. You may/may not get cited for not following school zone limit right now.

I choose to err on caution, I mean, do PRO D days count as non-school days? Who keeps track of this? (not me).

R

·
0 Posts
beaterdx said:
DO THE LIMIT!! POSTED SIGN.
done

if u go too slow, u get a point taken off too
like i said, if there is a playground, you abide by school zone rules.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Just follow what the POSTED sign says... :rolleyes.

http://www.icbc.com/inside_icbc/march2000news.asp said:
Putting the "brakes" on speeding this Spring Break
With school out for spring break, children are outside playing in parks and playgrounds. Children are unpredictable. Always be alert and be extra cautious when driving in areas where children may be present. If you see a ball bounce on the road, chances are a child will be close behind.

Remember the speed rules in school and playground zones.

The speed limit in playground zones is in effect dawn to dusk, every day of the year. When driving through a playground zone, drivers must slow down to 30 km/h.
When school is back in session the 30 km/h speed limit in school zones is in effect from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on days when students are in class.

·
retired panda racer...~_~
740 Posts
888 said:
But the posted limit of 50km is the Maximum, so what is the Minimim before you"ll get points deducted? :surrender

if in doubt do 40 on the test.. that way you're 10 away from 30 or 50
but for the test, just reaffirm with your tester: "i just wanted to confirm with you that since it's spring break, school zones are not in affect however playground zones are" the testers are more than happy to "confirm" this with you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts