1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
55 Posts
I dont know anything about them, but it looks like they removed the stock muffler and welded in a 3'' exhaust tip from MIDAS

·
That new bike smell
2,863 Posts
Looks like shite. Check out the screw at the bottom that clamps the tip to the pipe. You can get tips like that for 5-10 bucks at princess auto, even nicer.
I put them on the old cage and replace them as they rust and fall off! :D

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know anything about them, but it looks like they removed the stock muffler and welded in a 3'' exhaust tip from MIDAS

hahahah!!!!

good answer.. it does look pretty gimmick eh??

i think im gonna go w/ Graves slip-on plus pcIII anyhoo...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Or perhaps I can suggest a higher quality slipon such as the GP style carbon slipon from Termignoni for the 2nd gen R6?

(hope these pics work)

Ride well & Merry Christmas!
Vince

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
that pipe is gunna be LOUD, looks like a canadian tire chrome tip.....

·
Livn' the dream
159 Posts
I will second that it looks like shit.It will be loud as hell and won't offer any improvements since it won't have any back pressure which this bike needs for better bottom end. I would be curious to see how long untill the swing arm is brown and discolored from the heat and exhaust since it exits right at it.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
There ain't nothing stealth about chrome thats for sure.
ZXer, I don't think it'll be any louder than any other slipon as the actual muffler part is underneath. I think it's just a tip that you see.

·
Livn' the dream
159 Posts
Flo that bike is an 05, there is no muff. under that section, it is bolted directly to the stock header I can see the clip for the dampner piece. Pull your muffler off and start your bike and tell me if it's any louder without a muffler.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will second that it looks like shit.It will be loud as hell and won't offer any improvements since it won't have any back pressure which this bike needs for better bottom end. I would be curious to see how long untill the swing arm is brown and discolored from the heat and exhaust since it exits right at it.
That is exactly what i was worried about!!! i emailed buddy to see specs on construction and all that... no response... surprise... i've never seen it b4 and all that comes up is some 'racing' company down in texas that does dyno work or something... very gimmick indeed...

Heay, Vince that is a very sharp looking pipe you got there buddy!!!! nice bike too!!! i've got the raven but i love the blue!!! i'll look'em up!! thanks for the heads up!!!! :rockon

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
ZX'er I stand corrected. It isn't an 06 and I should have known that since I owned an 04 as well and it's the same bike.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
it's not just a chrome tip. it has a baffle inside it. small but it's there. looks very similar to the Hotbodies one.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you cleaned up that rear end (reflectors, tag mount and signals)
your wheels and exhaust would get you alot more attention.
i agree!!! cheap way to do it is just remove teh muc flap, and bulky plate light, leave the plate holder by itself and use a pair of bolt lights i'll see if i have a recent pic of mine... i'll post it when i can..

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yo, i just got an email back from buddy!!! hahah!! i think it sounds like shite!!!! dyno charts show +5hp on an 03r6

here, check it out :thumbup

dunno how to post .mpg but suffice to say, you wont like it.. yuck..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts