BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my pops is heading to Van this week and I'm wondering if there are any shops down there (or surrounding area) that stock steel braided brake lines and/or adjustable levers (particularly for a ninja 250R), or do you guys order them through the mail like us northerners too? figured I'd save some money on shipping if I could. Thanks!

·
Wrenching at EMS!
245 Posts
Green Line Hose and Fittings on Venables will make youre steel braided lines for you, while you wait

·
Registered
18,876 Posts
Green Line Hose and Fittings on Venables will make youre steel braided lines for you, while you wait
Never knew that, what a great bit of information. I wonder how prices compare to premade kits???

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would order online. Its so much cheaper, even after the additional shipping costs. An example: battlax BT023 tires here: Approx. $500. U.S.> I just paid $250. Also, I just ordered all SS Galfer brake and clutch lines, custom made for my bike for $169 @

http://www.hardracing.com/Brakes/GalferLines.htm

I don't think you can beat that kind of a deal (as far as reputable brand name), even after shipping. Just my 2 cents. I like the Galfer because they have the coating on the SS braid to prevent wear on bike parts. Also, if you contact them, they do make DOT approved lines if you really want DOT approved. There isn't really much of a difference (as far as I know), they just modify slightly where the ends connect with the line itself for the DOT "whip test"

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I order my parts mostly on line. No hst, free shipping to a usa post office #. I have Goodridge line, Hel lines, Galfer rotors, for example, on line. I'm not against shopping locally if I can get the price. Has to be at least 15% off minimum. Most of my friends shop on line. Although, I do buy stuff from Carter b/c they cut me some slack.

·
600rr
455 Posts
Hey, my pops is heading to Van this week and I'm wondering if there are any shops down there (or surrounding area) that stock steel braided brake lines and/or adjustable levers (particularly for a ninja 250R), or do you guys order them through the mail like us northerners too? figured I'd save some money on shipping if I could. Thanks!
I never knew about Green Line Hose and Fittings, however other than them, I highly doubt any shop in Vancouver including the two aftermarket specialty shops OPP and Bayside will have steel braided lines or adjustable levers on the shelf.

There's too many different color combinations for both to carry any in stock.

If your dad is going to be in Van by the next weekend (July 9), I would call whoever and order first thing Monday because even a week may be a tight time frame.

GL

·
awful human
3,139 Posts
They will only be doing that until someone sues them for knowingly supplying non-DOT / SAE approved brake hoses to be used on a street vehicle.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I never knew about Green Line Hose and Fittings, however other than them, I highly doubt any shop in Vancouver including the two aftermarket specialty shops OPP and Bayside will have steel braided lines or adjustable levers on the shelf.
GL
Imperial also used to be able to do braided lines from line and fittings on hand.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I would order online. Its so much cheaper, even after the additional shipping costs. An example: battlax BT023 tires here: Approx. $500. U.S.> I just paid $250. Also, I just ordered all SS Galfer brake and clutch lines, custom made for my bike for $169 @

http://www.hardracing.com/Brakes/GalferLines.htm

I don't think you can beat that kind of a deal (as far as reputable brand name), even after shipping. Just my 2 cents. I like the Galfer because they have the coating on the SS braid to prevent wear on bike parts. Also, if you contact them, they do make DOT approved lines if you really want DOT approved. There isn't really much of a difference (as far as I know), they just modify slightly where the ends connect with the line itself for the DOT "whip test"
Two local shops (5thgear and Bayside performance) sell similar (if not better tires) for $10 more. No shipping. That's for the set.

You gotta know where to look. You go to buy tires from Carter, expect to get raped. Go find a good shop that will look after you and your money can support business' in this country.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Call Kelly at BigTop in Chilliwack. He's got a big box full of braided lines for around $20. There should be some there that fit your bike. I changed over all four of my bikes for under $200 front and rear.

·
Wrenching at EMS!
245 Posts
Never knew that, what a great bit of information. I wonder how prices compare to premade kits???
comparable if not cheaper in some cases, plus you cant beat the convenience!

Isn't Pazzo a Vancouver company? Oh, Google. Right.

You might be able to walk in there and buy of the shelf.

http://www.pazzoracing.com/contact.html

Pazzo Racing, Inc.

19810 57a Avenue
Langley, British Columbia,
V3A 6G6 Canada
I didn't know this! Thanks for the info, thats awesome :)

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
Pazzo in Langley, Levers are made locally and sold internationally. He has every color of the rainbow and if your lucky like i was he will even install them for you.
Can you buy directly from him?

Just go straight to his shop/store and buy the levers?

:coffee

·
padawan
1,942 Posts
They will only be doing that until someone sues them for knowingly supplying non-DOT / SAE approved brake hoses to be used on a street vehicle.
Sorry, but you're off-base: I just talked to Keven at Green Line (604.253.7561): fully approved and tested after they custom-make them.

The quote I got suggests I'll save some money over Hel/Galfer/Goodridge etc. and I'm buying local :)

Edit: the cables are plastic coated so they don't scratch and they stock black and translucent smoke (for that 'carbon' effect) but will order in various colours if you're into the bling thing...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts