BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ladies,

I put something on the WTB section awhile ago & didn't get any bites.

I'm looking for a leather jacket, boots & gloves.

I want something that is protective, but also looks good but don't want to spend too much money so looking for used if possible, or cheap(ish).

Not sure of jacket size needed, but usually wear an xs

Boots I'm a size 6 & gloves will also be small.

I've done the Craigslist thing with not much luck (will keep trying) but thought I'd try here as well.

If you know anyone who has gear for sale, please PM me.

Thanks so much!

Oh & I've read about riding "jeans"...anyone know anything about those? I don't really want to do the leather pants thing & heard the jeans were better than normal jeans for protection...

·
slowing down, TOMORROW!
306 Posts
Gear is the most important thing to buy, I would never buy cheap! My skin is worth more to me than saving money...You should reconsider leathers might save your life, not to mention your skin.

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gear is the most important thing to buy, I would never buy cheap! My skin is worth more to me than saving money...You should reconsider leathers might save your life, not to mention your skin.
I agree with that statement 100%. By cheap I meant I don't want to spend a ton of money right now, but also don't want to be a passenger on a bike without some protection.

I definately want a leather jacket asap but was thinking of leaving the leather pants for awhile. I heard about some "riding" jeans & thought I would inquire.

·
slowing down, TOMORROW!
306 Posts
I ride with riding jeans if I know I'm just riding in city traffic.. they work ok... Dragging jeans are apparently the best... Western Powersoprts stocks them... check it out.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i've got two pairs of gloves. one is an mx/sportbike blend shorty glove, lightweight, textile, armored knuckle, white/pink. i think it's alpinestars but not 100% sure. you can have it for $20. it's a size small ladies.

also have a top of the line full race glove, alpinestars tech glove, its got a full gauntlet, venting, msrp $300 will sell it for $100. it's probably going to be slightly too big for you because it's slightly too big for me (reason i'm selling it), but you can try it.

if you don't want the hassle of putting on leather pants, you could look at chaps which just go over whatever you're wearing. icon makes some that are cute.

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've got two pairs of gloves. one is an mx/sportbike blend shorty glove, lightweight, textile, armored knuckle, white/pink. i think it's alpinestars but not 100% sure. you can have it for $20. it's a size small ladies.
Thx Shannon! These gloves sound perfect! PM me & let me know a good day/time to meet up...I live in North Van but can drive out sometime after work or on the weekend (I work M-F, 9-5:30)

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ride with riding jeans if I know I'm just riding in city traffic.. they work ok... Dragging jeans are apparently the best... Western Powersoprts stocks them... check it out.
Thx Shawna, I'll check that out!

·
can't decide
1,149 Posts
I severely dislike Draggin Jeans - I won't go into the politics, but basically, there's a bunch of awful people.

I prefer Hornee Jeans - otherwise you can get some textile pants which you can vent in summer and have as extremely warm in winter, and they have complete protection also, so they're more versatile and most of them are waterproof.

I'd really recommend heading to some motorcycle accessory places, talking to the staff and trying products on.

FULL GEAR - proper gloves, jacket, boots, pants and a NEW helmet - not a second hand one!

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx Hols! I agree that I need to get proper gear & will probably end up with leather pants.

My Bday is coming up so maybe I can ask for some gear ;)

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
leather is sexy too!

i didn't get any pressies for my bday, so goodluck with that lol
Yes, white leather has been requested...his are black.

He's taking me to Whistler for my Bday, it's a civic holiday so 3 days off in Whistler...can't wait! Only problem is with his burn he won't be able to go into the pool or hot tub :(

He's asked me what I want...he prefers me just to tell him, so I'm thinking this may be the best idea so far!

·
Lady
314 Posts
I have some Shift Kevlar jeans I got at Modern, I have them professionally tailored into skinny jeans and dyed them black. They turned out a deep blue-grey, but it's all good. I want to get another pair to leave bootcut and wear knee pads under, too. They were well under $100, but I did get a package deal. I highly recommendModern Motorcycles if you're going to get a bunch of gear, they have these insane package deals they do. I got my Kevlar jeans, a Joe Rocket armour jacket, an Arai helmet, Icon gloves and armoured boots for $700-ish.

·
Asian Persuasion
913 Posts
I wear shift kevlar jeans and I also bought a pair of joe rocket alter ego textile pants locally. I find the prices for women's gear on craigslist to be a little high. So much so that you might as well buy new.
Once you figure out your sizing, you can find some good deals online. My husband bought me a Joe Rocket Jet Set jacket and got it for $150 shipped to Point Roberts. It was selling for close to $300 up here. He also ordered my helmet online and saved over $100.
We try to support the local shops, but sometimes it is just too hard when there is that much of a price difference.

·
NOOOOOB
2,631 Posts
If any of the ladies need a 1 pc leather race suit, size 8-10, i've got one for sale in the gear section, $200! New!

·
Thread Killer
296 Posts
I say we have women's shopping days! If we have enough women all set for the same time we could even let the stores know so they could drag all the girls' stuff outta the back. Or mebe a few of the local shops'd be up for a Women's Day or something... I know there was that one BWM one or whatever I missed right after the Daytona Party....

I still need to find pants...

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I say we have women's shopping days! If we have enough women all set for the same time we could even let the stores know so they could drag all the girls' stuff outta the back. Or mebe a few of the local shops'd be up for a Women's Day or something... I know there was that one BWM one or whatever I missed right after the Daytona Party....

I still need to find pants...
I think that sounds like a great idea, just a matter of getting people together to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It took me three years to complete my gear - I had a women's leather jacket but couldn't find pants and boots that fit me well. I broke down and bought men's leather pants I found on craigslist. I paid $100 for them and then got them altered ($140). They don't fit perfectly but I was so tired of looking!

Good luck with the search!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts