BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stolen from my uderground parking near Sunset Beach.

'02 VFR, Red. Stock, mint, no passenger handrails installed.

Was loaded into the back of a minivan and taken last night (March 14th).

Looks identical to this:
http://www.mcnews.com.au/newbikecatalogue/2002/honda/vfr800/Red_RHF2_700p.JPG

info: 604-505-8453 or the police.

:surrender :surrender :surrender :surrender :surrender :surrender

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waa...

It had ABS... it has only 1000 kms on it. It's like new.

Thanks for the condolences and posting the pic.

Another identifier:
One of the passenger foot pegs is scratched badly from when someone kicked the bike over. There's another small scratch at the end of either the clutch or brake on the same side as the scratched passenger foot peg. I can't remember which side is scratched at the moment.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry to hear, did you have a bike lock on it or anything?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's the fishy part:

My landlord is having a ramp and anchoring system installed on Monday that will hold up to 4 bikes. The anchoring system is to be installed exactly where my bike was being stored (in a very visible place). My landlord asked me to move my bike to my car spot (less visible) last night.. I had just moved it at about 11 PM last night.
Odd timing. I wonder if the contractor was in on it.

The minivan was also stolen from my underground. They're reviewing the tapes now.

Thanks Pitdogboy.. I've emailed him!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
f***, sorry to hear it. A very nice bike you have.

Someone tried to steal my bike only after 1 week I got it. We need some land mines around the bikes.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Fuck Fuck Fuck!

I have an 04 VFR ABS in red, it's still there, but my house was broken into a few months ago while my wife and I and the dog were home asleep!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Fuck that sucks and sound totally fishy to me as well. Maybe we should circulate the name of the contractor around this website and us guys could just sort of cruise by once in a while and have a look?

Kepp us posted and man I feel your pain. Did you have it insured?

Booboo

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Shitty fucking deal. Sorry to hear about this. :(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry to hear it, nice bike for sure. DEATH TO ALL THIEVES!!!

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Pvt. BLOGGINS said:
What shops have you visited with your motorcycle??

With only 1,000 km's, probably not too many.

I've got the same bike - hope you get your ride back.

Sounds suspicious if your bike is safe for 2 or 3 years (assuming you had it since new) but is stolen once a contractor comes through the building to get ready to do some work - and the bike is moved to another less secure spot and stolen the next day? Had your landlord already given the contractor a key to the building/parkade?

Sounds suspicious to me!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Sure it sounds fishy but hold off from the lynch mob recruitement until you're absolutely sure! :surrender

Sorry to hear about your bike. I hope your story has a good ending.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

No, it hasn't been outside my underground since September last year. I'm going to talk to my landlord about this contractor and ask about whether they had a key, etc. I'll let you guys in on what I find out and who the guy is.

I thought I was relatively safe as I have a VFR and they're not typically stolen and chopped up like the R1's and CBR's... how wrong I was.

ralph wiggum.. sorry to hear that man.. post some pics of your bike so we can have a look out. It'll probably be chopped up right away, but who knows?

Mine was insured, thank god. It had basic ICBC storage insurance. I'm meeting with them tomorrow morning to see how badly they're going to screw me.

Please keep an eye out guys.. thanks...

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Gawd...that fucken sucks. I've had two bikes stolen from so-called secure underground gated parking. Need a private garage. They tried to take my 954 right before I moved but an early riser scared em--then I put on an alarm and have had no problems since. The tapes might have some clues. But for sure get an alarm on your next bike! Keep us posted on what happens.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts