BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike was taken from the Lougheed/Schoolhouse area (near carter coquitlam) on Saturday February 18th after 4:30PM and was recovered at aproximately 10PM around Metrotown (Nelson Street??). The guy who was riding dumped it and bolted when the police attempted to pull him over (still waiting on full report).

Love to send this guy the bill for the replacemennt of my gascap and ignition. Not to mention this is no run of the mill CBR. Heavily customized and was probably taken by someone who knows their stuff. Guy at the towing yard says he never saw a bike hotwired like was done.

See pic of bike below:

Thanks guys! Any info would be of great help.

Adam

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Lets see a pic of the ignition and said hot-wring job! Glad you got it back :thumbup

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
Glad you got her back adam, Do you still have to pay the deductible if they caught the guy, that'd be rediculous. Can't wait to see it all fixed up and passing my slow ass at BB this year

M

·
0 Posts
Oh Man ! Sorry to hear about your bike Adam. Happy yo hear you have it back tho. We were just talking about your bike to the other day.
~Alex

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck, but at least you got it back!

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
^ uh .... they did :confused

The deductible still has to be paid, its up to the owner to go after the idiot in small claims court.....which is idiotic in itself. WHy cant ICBC do that??

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thieves should be put in an old wooden barn with their nuts stapled to the floor......set the barn ablaze with said thief inside and leave a rusty old butterknife.... Cut yourself free or burn to death.....

Sorry......is that too strong? [email protected]#K I hate thieves

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
shit Bro...sorry to hear about this...oh ya next time lock your cell phone so ya don't phantom call me... :)

out of interest...how did the Cops get him so fast? Did they arrest the POS? I can't offer ya any advice as ICBC pretty much has the last say...I suppose you could sue the POS if the boys caught him...Fak I hate this sh**t:banghead

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
RavenR1 said:
Thieves should be put in an old wooden barn with their nuts stapled to the floor......set the barn ablaze with said thief inside and leave a rusty old butterknife.... Cut yourself free or burn to death.....

NOT STRONG ENOUGH!!!! Maybe one sweet day we will have property rights in Kanada:surrender

·
Registered
205 Posts
I still say cut the hands of thief's off .... problem instantly solved

They tryed stealing mine about 3 weeks ago .... cept being a steel worker by trade, i made a custom lockup thats anchored to the concrete floor

guess they planned on tossing it in the back of the truck that they stole from the underground

·
Born to be WILD
2,495 Posts
Pitdogboy said:
NOT STRONG ENOUGH!!!! Maybe one sweet day we will have property rights in Kanada:surrender

And what would that be??? Do we get to shoot them if we catch them?

Sign me in...

B

·
0 Posts
RavenR1 said:

That is great- can I use it for my sig?:rockon

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what!?!/ no way!!!
sorry to hear man...prob wouldnt have happend if you owned a yami;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guy took off on foot and dumped all his leathers and helmet.
Dogs couldn't get him.

ICBC not covering b/c of time lines.

Needs new ignition $110
new windscreen $100
new upper faring $??
new brake lever adjuster (Pazzo) $??
new gascap (drilled out and i'm sure metal shavings all over gastank) $200
new fuel filter (read above) $20
paint for upper faring $1100

$150 for towing and storage fee.

/cry

·
POSER
420 Posts
Wow.. Sorry to hear what happened to your bike man.. Give me a shout..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not entirely ICBC's fault, bike was uninsured since I got temp plates on it a week before it went missing. It just happened that I put another temp insurance on it the day after it went missing. I didn't know it was gone. If they had found the bike 2 hours later I would have been covered. If the bike was never found I would have been covered.

Que sera, sera! :(

Adam

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
RavenR1 said:

i agree....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts