1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
that has got to suck:eek

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
ooouuuccchhh :( :( what makes it even worse for me is it's the same bike as mine :( pooorrr gixxer :(

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
OUCH! :eek

That looks like it sucked....

The camera looks way for a second, but you can just see that the rider isn't looking and the bike is ever so slowly going to come crashing down again..

Oooh that sucks.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda scares ya the first time. Most stoppies take a while to go over or tip but this guy all out launched himself at the camerea man:eek

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
holy shit, damn good thing he was wearing leathers and a helmet, the bike didn't appear that madley damaged actually....upper fairing and tail....got lucky, don't thing the gas tank or anything else got hit...

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Human said:
holy shit, damn good thing he was wearing leathers and a helmet, the bike didn't appear that madley damaged actually....upper fairing and tail....got lucky, don't thing the gas tank or anything else got hit...
Don't bet on it. There's a VERY good chance the tank took a hit.

This is why I was saying that unless you're very wealthy and/or just don't care about your bike it's better to get a cheapie streetfighter thingie to learn this stuff.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That looked somewhat painful, but how else do you learn.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Digi168 said:
That looked somewhat painful, but how else do you learn.
DUH ! you learn with the new advanced VR based neurotic bike simulator 1000 !!...jeez do I have to explain everything ? LOL :D:D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
It's a good idea to post vids like that because if you're going to want to learn stunts, you'd better get used to the fact that it will eventually happen to you. If you're okay with that, then off you go and have fun.

B

·
0 Posts
that's a guy from gixxer.com, there's another, from the same day I think, of a guy on a R1 doing that as well.

it's creepy seeing his bike balancing on the back wheel and fender. he almost had enough time to get up and catch it.

P

·
0 Posts
How did that happen?

I don't get it. My friends and I have pulled a billion stoppies and never, ever come close to flipping it. As far as I can tell, your brain and inner ear tell you when you're getting too close to the tip over point and at that point you automatically back off the brake. Is it possible he hit an object in the road causing the front end to lock up thus flipping him over?

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
I think that seeing all these accidents while doing stunts is keeping me from my own experimenting. :mad

1 - 19 of 19 Posts