Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Racing

Votes: 49 72.1%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of this for a while, and im having a hard time figuring out what I want to do. I dont have enough money to do both right now, so it is one or the other.
On one hand I love trying to do stunts even though im really not all to good at it yet.
On the other hand I love going very fast and going through the twistys.

Next year im getting a 06 750 gsxr
so im thinking of turning my f4i into a stunter or a racer... I just dont know!
help me out here what are pro's and con's of both these sports.

·
Ride Solo
4,218 Posts
I really enjoy the competition on the track, but then I've never tried stunting. Either pursuit should make you a better rider.

If you go the racing route, unload your F4i and get something that is already setup for the track--usually a much better move financially.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Stunt.... not as much politics.

G

·
Why would you make your f4i a stunt bike? You can sell that make some good pocket change and buy a downed bike for like 2-3k and make that into a stunt bike. Just a thought, and you can bling out your 750.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
You'll suck at either so who really cares
I would have thought you'd take this opportunity to sell your stunting school, thereby making him a good/better stunter!! And don't forget to push those stunt bikes you're selling.:)

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,226 Posts
Go racing! I might have a 2002 F4i already race prepped and ready to go for next season too. I'm waiting until spring to post it up.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I would have thought you'd take this opportunity to sell your stunting school, thereby making him a good/better stunter!! And don't forget to push those stunt bikes you're selling.:)
I would have a better chance teaching Diesel how to drive a car. :laughing

I can make fun of him all I want. All the other shops soon as he walks in they just point the finger at the door and yell " GET OUT !!!" . We at least tolerate his amusing antics.

We all know Remy should stunt ride, he's all ready got a great stunt bike. Just needs a cage , 12 , gears then it's done.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I would have a better chance teaching Diesel how to drive a car. :laughing

I can make fun of him all I want. All the other shops soon as he walks in they just point the finger at the door and yell " GET OUT !!!" . We at least tolerate his amusing antics.

We all know Remy should stunt ride, he's all ready got a great stunt bike. Just needs a cage , 12 , gears then it's done.
I think Diesel could probably drive better than half the people in the Lower Mainland.:laughing

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
I personally think that racing is a lot more fun but it's also a lot more money than stunting. There's a mandatory school and licensing to go through and you can't go racing on a daily or even weekly basis without spending big. The bike itself is really only the beginning.

G

·
i don't get why people think stunting is so easy .

Jb ,fish ,scott ,gaston I'm sure they'll tell you of all the bikes they've gone through the bones ,the breaks the parts the tires,the endless hrs of practice .

everybody and their dog wants a stunt bike,,but i don't think they really do .

its like wanting a gun ,it sounds really cool and exciting but once you have it you better know how to use it or your wasting your time

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
i dont get why people think stunting is so easy .

Jb ,fish ,scott ,gaston im sure they'll tell yu of all the bikes they've gone through the bones ,the breaks the parts the tires,the endless hrs of practice .

everybody and thier dog wants a stunt bike,,but i dont think they really do .

its like wanting a gun ,once yu have it yu better know how to use it or your wasting your time
so where do you suggest someone start?

G

·
so where do you suggest someone start?

i dont suggest anything .i suggest people do whatever they want to do if they are into it

i suggest that people really think about the whole stunt thing cuz its not as easy as they think ,and takes a lot of dedication and practice and its said by a LOT of people more and more every year ,and for the ones that have said "man i want a stunt bike sooo bad " i havent seen anyone of those actually do it .

the point is not to discourage at all.Having a built stunt bike and stunting is a lot harder than wishing yu had .

the stunt guys would prob LOVE to see more people get into it ,we have the streets and the weather and 5th gear holds the stunt thing down already .Im sure they dont need every guy with a dream of being like superdave jumping into the whole stunt thing without the grasp of it.

just saying i hear it ALL the time ,,,dont talk just do it

1 - 20 of 39 Posts