BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a stupid question, but it's something I've been started wondering about while driving and listening to my 'Kill Bill' Soundtrack the other day. Now let say perhaps I was to go to a friends party (a sorta fancy Dress-up party) and I wanted to go as one of the yakuza (crazy 88) from kill bill.
Now my delemma, first I can't find anywhere in which to mount my Katana onto my bike, nor can i find instructions on how to do this on the net. Does anyone here know how to strap a katana onto a sportbike like in 'Kill Bill'?

Secondly I would be wearing a suit while riding (about 7 blocks away, no highways or anywhere over 60km/h). Note this is a hypathetical question and yes safety is a concern but just roll with it and don't flame k?

Now where can I get armor that can strap on under my clothes? I mean even knee/shin/elbow gaurdsd and a spine protector. Anyone done this:rockon ? have any suggestions besides "don't do it you stupid wannabe showoffing newb". Again I will probubly' never almost do this but I still want to know if such strap on armor exists, because I ride with jeans and either way i want to wear something undeneath.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I bet there are a few movie/tv prop guys here. Usually the weapons are a soft material so if you fall or hit someone by accident there's a lower chance of injury.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
doboy64 said:
Now my delemma, first I can't find anywhere in which to mount my Katana onto my bike...
Ding! Ding! Ding!!! I think we have a new entry into the top 5 motorcycle related questions ever asked on BCSB. :D

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
doboy64 said:
Now where can I get armor that can strap on under my clothes? I mean even knee/shin/elbow gaurdsd and a spine protector. Anyone done this:rockon ? have any suggestions besides "don't do it you stupid wannabe showoffing newb". Again I will probubly' never almost do this but I still want to know if such strap on armor exists, because I ride with jeans and either way i want to wear something undeneath.
Check out Icon's armor it's pretty good stuff. (www.rideicon.com) Or as suggested previously go naked, you even get a better dramatic effect if you have your sword strapped across your back.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I've used something like this in the past.
UFO skorpion armour (It has a back proctector as well.) search around it should be available locally.
Personally I don't want to see you riding around naked with a sword on your back, but you know what they say..chicks dig scars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool Thx, for the suggestions guys, the armor was exactly what I was looking for.
But now as for the problem with mounting the katana

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
You know, even though I'm a firm believer in AGATT, if it's that short a distance, I'd just take the chance and ride with nothing more than the helmet and gloves.

D

·
0 Posts
or, you could have your sword and costume taken there by a friend, saving you having to try to mount a weapon (i bet cops would love that) to your bike, and ruin a suit in the rain.

besides, who is going to come out and look at your bike at a party?

·
Registered
978 Posts
doug said:
or, you could have your sword and costume taken there by a friend, saving you having to try to mount a weapon (i bet cops would love that) to your bike, and ruin a suit in the rain.

besides, who is going to come out and look at your bike at a party?
all the girls he says "oh yah i came on my motorbike. you have a motorbike??? cool can you give me a ride??"

at least thats what ive found what happens when i take my bike to a party

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
This does now remind me now of the nutty bus driver with the RC30, HD beanie, and House of Knives Katana. Tragic.

R

·
0 Posts
I'm an AGATT believer but if its 7 blocks and you're gonna be going 30km/h, then I say, risk it. Wearing armour under your clothes..are you gonan keep it on for the entire party?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Jaybo said:
I've used something like this in the past.
UFO skorpion armour (It has a back proctector as well.) search around it should be available locally.
You can also take out the armour and wear just the mesh shirt at a club! :devillook

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
lol. yeah, but you might attract the wrong attention..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts