BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crotch Rocket Scientist
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend inherited my trusty 750 Sabre. It's got the stock tire on the back and she reports that she wants a back tire with more grab. I believe it's a 17" rim but don't have the bike to read stats off. What sort of tire should we shoot for or where's a good place to get recommendations/tires?

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Damn - not even the service manuals have the wheel size in .....

·
Fuelled by rice
4,468 Posts
michelin has a new pilot power in dual compound that will last longer for street riders.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
I'm running Avon Super Venoms on my street tired dual sport as well as my mini motard. Stick like poo to a screen door they do. And they are intended for the old school sporty bikes so they have a nice sporty rounded profile for a nicer and lighter FEEL as well as being sticky. I also really suggest you go for a front as well.

Another good tire for your bike that has some good grip would be the Bridgestone BT45's. Again these are tires intended for yesteryears sporty bikes.

You may also want to check with her on how she's braking. If she's using a lot of rear brake while pulling hard on the front lever then that may explain why the rear is sliding around. It's very counter intuitive that as the front is used harder the rear needs to be used with less pressure but it is the case and often leads new riders to think there's something wrong with the rear end.

Pilot Powers are radials and don't come in the size you need and you should be using the old school tires on this bike anyhow.

·
Crotch Rocket Scientist
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's only losing grip on dry starts. She's careful in the rain or braking. She is a bit of an acceleration fiend though. She's not a new rider so that's not the problem.

Thanks for the tips. I'll pass them along to her.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Kendas Cruiser tires work really well on that bike. There cheap around $149 for the set. very grippy and good in the wet. Or if your not on a budget . Bridgestone BT 45 's or the even more expensive Avon's

·
Excommunicated
567 Posts
I had the Venom's on my Vfr400, was a great tire for what it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts