BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And with it a return to riding our MOTARD TOYS!

You guys have been WAY too effin' quiet around here. So wassup with the bikes? It's time to get PUMPED UP for the new season. Can I get a BOOYEAH! for us 'Tarders?!?!?!?!

So what winter upgrades have you all been up to? For my part I'm planning on changing the oil and checking the valve clearances and if I'm feeling wildly enthusiastic I may even check the air pressures in the tires. HELL, MY HUSKY IS PERFECT! I DON'T -NEED- TO CHECk, FIX, OR MOD ANYTHING :D

(take that you orange riders :evilgrin)

Longer term plans call for making up a wire harness and adding turn signals and stuff to make it street legal and then certify and register it. But the left side switch pod that Bill is getting for us through KTM is taking FOREVER to come in. How the hell do you Orange riders put up with these part order times?

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
PePe is insured and good to go ..
Two sets of gearing to suit my needs .:evilgrin

They recalled my bike over the winter and put new cam chain and auto tensioner as well as an all new clutch to solve the problem the bike has had since day one .
So the clutch is still doin the same thing as it was befor .. Dosnt hurt how it runs...But take off from a dead stop you need to flog it so it wont stall.

If you let it out easy and try to take off mellow it jerks in and out of engagement like a Crack Whore On Hastings St, and some times stalls the bike while your trying to enter traffic ..!!!!!..or get away from the junkie I just freeked out ..haha
But I am good to go ..
And the one Orange bike I know has it's own parts store .. !:rockon

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sethro250 said:
I plan on changing my oil before the start of the season. That should do er for the season though.
THAT'S THE SPIRIT! Nuthin's too good for the ol' bike, eh? :rockon

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was actually just kidding but for the motards at Boundry Bay I think most of us are changing oil at about 1.5 to 2 hours. But I know the DRZ has a larger capacity so longer periods are kosher. My Husky only holds 1.5 liters for a 500cc. That's not much.

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
TeeTee said:
I was actually just kidding but for the motards at Boundry Bay I think most of us are changing oil at about 1.5 to 2 hours. But I know the DRZ has a larger capacity so longer periods are kosher. My Husky only holds 1.5 liters for a 500cc. That's not much.
The TM holds 1.7 just like the DRZ hmm more oil = better ?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I thought the DRZ held more than that. At least that's what someone said. I just assumed something like 2 or 2.5 liters.

An extra 0.2 isn't enough to matter.

Yeah more oil is good. Oil is the cooling medium for the piston as well as carrying away any local hotspot heat for many of the parts. Not much oil and lots of hard use really pushes up the temperature quick. And you don't get much worse than a motard blasing around BB with a thimble full of oil.

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
TeeTee said:
Oh, I thought the DRZ held more than that. At least that's what someone said. I just assumed something like 2 or 2.5 liters.
I looked into it a bit more and I found this
the DRZ is 1.9 L
the TM is 1.7 L
the Husky is 1.5 L
the KTM is 1.2 L

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
CR 500 holds Zero point zero litres
Winter re and re. New piston, new rod, new bearings, chain, front sprocket, Votex Magnum clutch basket, new seals for water pump etc, re-packet silencer(still goes bang bang), new wave rear disc, stainless brake lines, over sized master cyclinder, LED headlight bulbs, some sexi stickers of a chick with big boobs sitting on a HONDA wing, new rads, and the ole bitch got a bath, but she will still smell.

·
Motard Central
881 Posts
Po-Boyz said:
CR 500 holds Zero point zero litres
Winter re and re. New piston, new rod, new bearings, chain, front sprocket, Votex Magnum clutch basket, new seals for water pump etc, re-packet silencer(still goes bang bang), new wave rear disc, stainless brake lines, over sized master cyclinder, LED headlight bulbs, some sexi stickers of a chick with big boobs sitting on a HONDA wing, new rads, and the ole bitch got a bath, but she will still smell.

But does it run???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts