BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on sunday I am going to practice my wheelies for a good portion of the day. I figure start small and slowly work your way up, pratice makes perfect. So who's in. I was thinking of Roberts bank where you guys practiced and filmed the last time. I am not really planning on going for a ride though but maybe afterwards. So who's in, Bluestone, Canadian Gixxer ? Would be cool if someone brought a digi cam to get a lot of our attempts on film.
:rider

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Hey sounds like fun, I hope to be there

I have yet to do a wheelie... <sigh!> but I want to learn this year. I started trying during my first year of riding, on my F3, got the front wheel up about maybe a foot, that was it. I haven't tried since I bought my new R6. I think I'm going to wait until the ground is warmer... however, I'd love to watch all of your attempts. Maybe Digi will bring his video camera? I'll ask him, if he doesn't read this forum first. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
sunday should be good. Roberts Bank/Deltaport sucks for doing wheelies, find another place instead, cause too much traffic.

I probably wont attempt too many, just a few to make sure I dont loose my edge :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sunday should be good. Roberts Bank/Deltaport sucks for doing wheelies, find another place instead, cause too much traffic.
Anyone feel free to make suggestions cause I dont mind where we do it.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Annacis may be good. Not much happening here on the weekends.

C

·
0 Posts
ill come down to mainly watch and maybe try a couple of times... ill look dumb cuz i probably wont even get it up but whatever...

Sokha.. i know u wanna go down...

Bl1tz I know u wanan come down too...

WE should all go for a ride after too...

C

·
0 Posts
oh yeah, ill get a digi/video cam today from work and take it out there, wherever it is that we end up....

should be good.

:rider

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I am in for this, I need to brush up on wheelie skills, but somewhere where there isn't much traffic and if it was a large parking lot would be even better, you can't get ticketed for doing wheelies in a parking lot but you can on the street.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Digi said he'd bring his video camera. :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok this is starting to look good, now we have to just decide on a place to stunt. Start dishing out the suggestions guys. Atomlowe mentioned Anacis island and that should be a pretty dead place on a sunday Yes, no ?

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
In the industrial area of PoCo near the Norco building is paradise. All the cops are too busy with the pig farm action to patrol anywhere around town..

·
Registered
634 Posts
if weathers good I'm in. I've got a digital video cam too so I can bring that to help encourage people :)

-arai-

C

·
0 Posts
jsut got home from work and i have a digi cam... so yeah...

i suggest one of the industrial areas.... or even a silvercity parking lot.. i mean.. whos gonna be watching a movie on a sunday afternoon... ??

unless ur bl1tz... just joking man. :D

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
ANNACIS ISLAND

That's my vote, since I don't live to far away from there. I'd get lost if I tried to go to PoCo.

S

·
0 Posts
I dont ride YET, but count me in, i will drive out and i can finf a digi cam too, I think a good spoy is the Aldergrove industrial park, glouchester. It is totally empty on thw weekends. Well let me know, i need new bike vids, im sick of steaaling vids from manny. :p

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Annacis is dead on Sunday (i now cause i work there on that day) if you guys are still there at 3pm i'll drop by after work

1 - 20 of 53 Posts