BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Foreign Devil
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two meet spots:
First:
Meet 9am at 264 and Freeway, north side of overpass on the west side.
Ride: Backroads of Ft. Langley to Maple Ridge
Second:
Meet 10am at PetroCan in Maple Ridge, corner of Lougheed Hwy & Haney Bypass.
Ride: Backroads of Maple Ridge, Mission and Abbotsford.
NOTES:
1. Be on time
2. Be wearing proper protective gear!
3. Have a full tank of gas.
4. Prepare for a tour of a load of twisties!
5. Pace will be brisk, not newbie friendly. Next weekend for those riders...

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I've been on them. Great routes and decent pace, barely fast enough to attract attention. Be careful as the farmers have dragged all manner of mud and crap onto the roads.

·
Registered
18,858 Posts
I've been on them. Great routes and decent pace, barely fast enough to attract attention. Be careful as the farmers have dragged all manner of mud and crap onto the roads.
Rob's a great leader. I've lead lots of rides and it's tough... but he does a great job at it. We've had some attention in the past, but overall... these are great rides for people who aren't sure where to ride... to learn riding areas. I remember one guy on a gsxr 600... who after doing a bunch of backroads said "this bike is not meant for this" and left.. and i was like... hmm... okay, sea to sky for you!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ha ha ha! I promise it wasn't me!

Maybe he should have said, "I'm not meant for this bike"

Rob's a great leader. I've lead lots of rides and it's tough... but he does a great job at it. We've had some attention in the past, but overall... these are great rides for people who aren't sure where to ride... to learn riding areas. I remember one guy on a gsxr 600... who after doing a bunch of backroads said "this bike is not meant for this" and left.. and i was like... hmm... okay, sea to sky for you!

·
Foreign Devil
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonna be cancelled due to lack of interest, need more than one other rider to make it worthwhile. Sorry.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
That's too bad. People who haven't been on one of your tours are missing out. Did you try posting it on the 604 Facebook page?

Not VMB though. Not nearly as exciting as S2S. None of them could make it that far into the wilderness ........ without someone to admire them. *

·
Registered
18,858 Posts
Robert.......most group rides have gone the way of FB, as suggested above, this place has really died.

So, if you want to get some "takers", and see more interest, better to post on 604 imo.

Completely agree. That ride posted in 604 would have generated lots of response, outside of the "candy ride" folks.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Did post on 604, not a single person responded.
Because millen8als ...... Stranger Danger.

How about a S2S tour. You could rude the northbound lanes, have a refreshing beverage and then ride the southbound lanes.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts