BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to go early and possibly come back from Swartz Bay-Tsawwassen,cause the odd sailings have the buffet(all you can eat,think its around $15.00 ea).There are early sailings from Tsawwassen-Duke Point(515am and 745am) but they don`t sail on sundays,so that`s out.Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay sailings are 630am,830am,1030am.I would be on the 630 sailing which would put me in Nanaimo at 800am,and am figuring 1.5-2.0 hours to Campbell River and Gold River at 1100-noonish.If I don`t take the swartz bay ferry,I will take the duke point ferry maybe at 545pm sailing.Or maybe come back down the sunshine coast,not sure.

ken

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
I'm in .This time I'll try and keep the bike upright this time. Where do we meet and what time?
No problem early ferry

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shit! I'm in camp and can't go.:(

Ken, have fun and make sure to turn left at Buttle Lake.;)

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
Hey!
I made arrangements with my better half to take the day riding, so I might just be up for this. Best if we come back down the Sunshine Coast (that is ne nice ride).

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gold River ride?

We can discuss the return route on the ferry or something like that.
Where do you want to meet?.Cypress Mtn turnoff,right beside the overpass(above the #1)?,maybe the Chevron at Mountain&Marine in North Vancouver(1 block from North Shore Suzuki/Yamaha).I don`t know,what do you guys think?.

ken.

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
Is the 6:30 ferry on? I figure at the Horseshoe ferry just before the ticket booth,at 6pm?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gold River

It seems that there is not going to be six bikes coming,so why not meet right at the ferry(after the ticket booth).And 6am is OK with me,its gonna be a nice ride:D .

ken

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gold River!

All you guys missed one hell of a ride!.Perfect weather,very little traffic on the way to Gold River and no cops:D .We did go down to the Westmin Mine at the end of Buttle Lake(this road is a little rough but not as bad as the Port Renfrew road) and the little ride to the old mill past Gold River.While Me and MadKawi were coming back from the old mill,we passed a group of sportbikes heading the other way and one crazy local on a Blackbird;) .Thanks MadKawi for the ride

ken

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great day for a ride!
Sorry to hear the condition of the road to the mine is so deteriorated.:(
Like I said elsewhere, it has been a while (15 years:eek) So is the pavement any good and did you see many people on this stretch?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gold River

On the `Mine road(Myra creek rd),we passed two cars and one Harley.Grok,you would still have fun on it though:cool .On the section of road between Campbell River and the Buttle Lake turnoff,there are lots of tar strips which made for some excited riding in the afternoon coming back.But the road from the Buttle Lake turnoff to Gold River are what bike dreams are made of ;) ,there are three long straights about 3-4 km long and the tightest corners are posted at 40kmh and there aren`t too many of those,its about 42km long.

ken

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Auger, we didn't see your post. I would not have made it last weekend, but Mesoknotty posted the same ride fot the same weekend, he is going to be pissed that he missed it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OOPS, I always seem to miss unimportant details. :imwithstu

·
Not Hanging Out Here
1,074 Posts
wow. that's confusing! I didn't see the year until now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts